Toyota, GM, and Ford differences

Lots of 'ifs' your post. The naysayers had Chrysler going out of business in the seventies and Ford in the eighties but they are both still here. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Lets face it many buyers believe the brand they buy is the best, and the rest are junk, that is why they buy what they buy and more buyers by GM vehicles than any other. Ford and Chrysler follow and Toyota and Honda are forth and firth. Toyota owners in particular love to disparage other brands for some reason, perhaps they want to justify to themselves why they paid so much more to buy a vehicle that is nor better or worse than the others. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I get a kick out of people who make silly statements like this...almost everyone in the world has their address posted in public, (you never heard of a telephone book?) what fricking difference does it make for Christ's sake?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Uhh, Hey Mikey, there are actually only 2 domestic automobile manufactures left in the US, Daimler Chrysler is a German company... Doh!

Reply to
351CJ

Thank is true but their share is shrinking every year.

Reply to
Dave

A long time ago there was a salesman sent from Japan to USA to investigate if they could sell them a car they were making in Japan

The telephone connections were not very good

The salesman went to USA and showed some people pictures of the car then he went on the phone to headquarters and told them to send one car over and he thought it would be best to put a brandname on the car he had heard people talk about when he showed the picture "Toy auto"

After the car came over the car sold immediately and the salesguy phoned back to order another one and the reply at headquarters was "Dat soon?"

Reply to
gosinn

No, apparently it isn't a minority. The complaints are massive.

Nobody gives a shit how many vehicles GM and Ford sell, Mike. Americans even bought the Yugo.

Reply to
<HLS

Toyota and GM are pretty much neck-and-neck in total vehecle sales, as many news accounts state. I was fustrated by an inability to find a news source that does not play fast and loose with the terms "cars" (excluding trucks) and "vehicles" (including trucks), but obviously GM's sales are a higher percentage of trucks, making Toyota the maker of the most cars.

Reply to
dizzy

Almost no one does that, actually. Most settle for the best compromise that they can afford.

Idiot. That's not even close to being true. "Not the best choice for me" does not equal "junk".

You can't build a logical argument on such obviously false premises as you embarrassed yourself with above, cretin.

GM still sells a lot because of their large "old" customer base and their broad range of products.

Says the proven liar.

In my experience, all brands have their fanatics. Toyota owners are certainly no worse than others, especially in this foreign (to Toyota) country.

The facts say otherwise, "Mike", and you get that "so much more" back when you resell. LOL!

Reply to
dizzy

A freind of mine had a GMC Jimmy, and it was a total POS. It was rusting within a couple years. GM's the worst, from what I've seen.

Reply to
dizzy

You are lying again, "Mike". Check out Consumer reports, and see where all the black dots are. LOL!

Reply to
dizzy

In other words, you couldn't find anyone that agrees with you.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

The only reason Chrysler is still around is because the Germans bought them. If Hyundai buys out GM sometime in the next 10 years (not that I expect it to happen, but simply as a thought experiment) will you consider that to mean that GM is "still here"?

As businesses GM and Ford are both in trouble right now.

Do you remember when Sears was the 800 lb. Gorilla of US retailing? It was not very long ago, and today Sears continues to wander in the wilderness of great businesses. Sears long time nemesis Montgomery Ward is completely gone ... even oil company money couldn't save 'em.

John

Reply to
John Horner

It's a Work Address and Work Phone, and a private mailbox service at that - but if you send something there, and the Boss doesn't trash it as Spam, I should get it. Hey, someone here might want to hire my services to fix their wiring, it's in my own best interest I give them a way to find me.

As to SSN's or other personal information - Anyone with the proper (or improper) motivation and a bit of available cash can find out just about anything about just about anyone in the world. Presidents, elected officials and public figures included.

There are a lot of public records that have all that vital information on them, as well as a lot of useful stuff floating around on the Information Superhighway. Would you like me to find out who "Mike Hunt" really is? I'm sure if I could be motivated to expended the effort, I could post his SSN, tax returns for the last few years, and high school yearbook picture here.

But in Mike Hunt's case I really don't care.

Take for instance Michael "Fahrenheit 9/11" Moore, who has claimed on more than one occasion that he "doesn't own a single share of stock" - yet with a little digging at the information well they found the schedules from his Tax Returns. And they indicate he's got quite a healthy stock portfolio, with the listings including for at least one year several thousand shares of Halliburton.

(Source: "Do As I Say, Not As I Do - Tales of Democratic Hypocrisy")

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

You do realize Kmart bought Sears, right?

Reply to
351CJ

As a matter of fact, I have not heard of the ongoing brake problems with Honda.

My son has owned several Hondas since his first in 1990, and I asked him about the issue. He says he has never had a problem with them.

What are you referring to?

Reply to
<HLS
351CJ wrote to John Horner:

Not to be a fuddy duddy, but I believe Sears bought Kmart. Kmart, unfortunately, went bankrupt. The new combined Sears-Kmart stock is called Sears Holdings.

The old Kmart in Columbia, Missouri, is now a "Best Buy," located right down the street from Circuit City and Walmart.

Reply to
Built_Well

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Nope, K-Mart bought Sears. Sort of surreal isn't it.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

It gets kinda confusing. Sears Holdings now uses "SHLD" as its stock symbol. The old "S" that Sears used to use is now used by Sprint, whose old ticker symbol was "FON" -- Sprint-Nextel.

But don't be a chump and start trading individual stocks--even the stock trading professionals are right no more than 50 to 60 percent of the time in their stock-making calls, if even that high. Of course, they'd like you to believe otherwise.

Best thing to do if you have 30 or 40 years until retirement is dollar cost average every month into index mutual funds or index ETFs like an S&P 500 index fund (Vanguard's, for instance, "VFINX") or the ETF equivalent "SPY."

Reply to
Built_Well