Walmart Super Tech Filters

Sorry you are not in charge here. Filter my posts if you so desire.

Reply to
Art

The Camry's and Avalon with the first front end noises which Toyota could not resolve until they were out of warranty..... I would call that the beginning of the decline of Toyota quality. I forgot which year they were.

Reply to
Art

What did I miss....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Geesh, all I said was that you probably got a rare Toyota lemon. Get over it already!

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Now that Toyota is starting to run with the big boys and selling vehicles in the millions in the US, rather than in the hundreds of thousands, more of their not so good ones are beginning to show up in the marketplace. Whenever a products numbers increase the percentages of those that are not up to snuff also increases as well.

Toyota has had more recalls of big numbers of vehicles than many of its competitors over the past few years. Ranging from, sludge, bad brakes, wheels that can fall off, gas leaks, to steering parts that can fail, involving millions of vehicles. Not only in the US but around the world. That was unheard not too long ago.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Art" ...

Like HTM - you had a rare experience. GM, on the other hand, does that sort of thing all the time, which is why they're finally in the toilet, where they belong.

They're offering discounted gas, for crying out loud. Pretty desperate.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Nope, you told me to stop bashing Toyota. If you don't like what I post, filter me out.

Reply to
Art

Please support you second paragraph with a link that shows accurate numbers. I think it is BS.

Reply to
Art

"Ray O" ...

"Art"

Okay, that's just sad. I made sure my son knew how to cook - it's really paying off, now that he's on his own out in Arizona.

Besides, MW garlic or any other bread is nassssty. That should only be baked. Yuk.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Don't get me wrong. I think GM is a complete joke. And Toyota cars are still more reliable than Ford and Chrysler but many features in Chrysler cars are much better implemented than Toyota. I just had a ride in a friend's year old Hyundai and it seems terrific. We are quite satisfied with our 2 new Hondas. My only point is that Toyota quality is not where it was and some high end features are poorly designed.

Reply to
Art

I said stop bashing Toyota because of a bad experience with just one Toyota. Like I said, your comment to Ray about a "typical Toyota response to a failure" was an obvious slam that was uncalled for (not to mention an outright lie).

Perhaps you should filter me and other sensible folks out because we will continue to put you in your place if you continue trolling like this.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Well, that's your opinion. Again, maybe it was just YOUR Avalon that was poor quality. That does NOT mean that ALL Toyotas are like that. So again I say, don't go judging all Toyotas based on a bad experience with just one.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Fair enough. I had a Hyundai Excel when they first came out. I loved the car, except for one thing - it had absolutely no balls. We used from Victorville to San Bernardino, CA (Not much shopping or anything else in VV at that time), and that damned car would conk out coming up the (admittedly very steep) Cajon pass.

Stereo rawked, though - in fact Hyundais would get stolen, the stereo taken out, then the car would be abandoned. LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

But isn't that what he just said? He still thinks they're superior to GM (Common sense, of course, but some refuse to acknowledge that). I think what he's said here is fair.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I read a story in the Wall St. Journal that said that in Mexico the churches use devices that block cell phone signals. But they are illegal in the US. Too bad.

Ron T

Reply to
Ron Truitt

Oh that is sooo cool. But I can just hear the A-CLUeless jumping all over that.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The local Toyota dealer must be desperate as well. He is offering $1,000 gas cards to any truck or SUV buyer and doubling the Toyotas $1,000 current cash rebate on any 2007 in stock. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In order to advance in rank as a Boy Scout, the Scout has to budget, shop, prepare, and cleanup for a weekend's meals on a campout. IMO, some parents give too much "guidance" to their sons with this task and so some Scouts with a higher rank do not have good outdoor skills. I believe in letting the boys learn from their cooking mistakes since they seem to learn more quickly.

#2 son and his patrol planned a dinner of instant ramen noodles and Spam for his first campout. It didn't sound too appetizing to me but since I was eating with the adults, I let them proceed with their plans. When they prepared the dinner, they opened the Spam and added it to the noodles while the noodles were cooking. The Spam dissolved, and it looked like someone tossed their cookies in the pot, and it tasted like it looked. Fortunately for them, the patrol with high-school aged boys brought several large pizzas and without any prodding from the adults, they shared their pizza with the new Scout patrol. #2 son is now 20 and is a pretty good cook, one of his patrol-mates is now going through Ranger School after coming back from Iraq, another is a Marine, and the rest are in college.

I didn't think it was possible to burn food that is boiled, but #3 son managed to turn spaghetti black on his first cooking assignment on a campout. He hasn't had a spoiled meal on a campout since then ;-)

I thought that the question from the Cub Scout about microwaving garlic bread was a little strange too, but since his parents were from India, I chalked it up to cultural cooking preferences.

Reply to
Ray O

*nodding*

EWWWWWWWWWWWW Spam is nasty alone, but with Ramen. Gawd, you could use that in place of Ipecac!

LOL Well of course you can keep boiling till it burns!

You didn't mention that little part, but Indian food is great - can't imagine them eating MW bread.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL, neither could I!