4Runner running boards

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know how much it would cost to install running boards on a 99

4Runner? Mine came w/o the boards, but I'd like to install them. Also, has anyone attempted to do this on their own or do they have it done at the dealership?

-Guicho.

Reply to
Guicho

Guicho,

There are lots of places that put on very nice running boards besides the dealer. And there are companies that provide kits. DeeZee is one that I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure that JC Whitney also has kits.

Kirk

Reply to
kirk_

Easy to install -- you often see them on ebay or maybe a big junkyard like

in Calif. Some of the dealers that do mailorder discount sales may still have them for that year at a discound --- do google search for discount toyota parts. I did put a fiberglass set from JC Whitney on a 90 4Rnr - easy to install but they had to be sanded to fit and then painted - couple years later thy had many stress cracks - so I'd stick with the factory ones.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks much.

-Guicho