btlmex

I just recieved an e-mail from Mr Padres at beetleMex saying that because of low volume they will stop offering genuine VW parts from VW of Mexico within two months. I'm going to check out their on line and make a final order. Just thought I would pass it on. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I got the same e mail. It is a shame. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

I noticed that they quit selling complete engines some time ago.

Reply to
jjs

I wonder if it is declining demand or just declining sales because their service was so poor.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

The demand for the factory engines seems to have gone down somewhat, probably due to increasing prices. However, the general business in original parts from both Mexico and Brazil is going up, so it would seem that btlmex is just not doing as well as they might.

Reply to
Peter

I can't say I had good dealings with them unfortunately.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I ordered from them and finally cancelled the order after witing over 4 weeks for delivery. Still I feal it is a shame as they have some items specifically for the MexiBeetle that many VW parts suppliers don't have.

Reply to
Javier

Reply to
Ben Boyle

If you contact 'Small Car Connection' in Hesperia, CA, and speak with the owner, he can get you specifically Mexican Bug items. If he doesn't have it in stock he will make a special order, so it make take a few weeks.

Reply to
Peter

after being a week in mexico last week, I can tell you thats a normal mexican way of doing things....

I was administering an exam friday, said specifically that the exam started 9:00 sharp. I started it 9:45 as nobody was there before 9:15 and the last one arrived 9:35....

Lunches were hours long... normal morning started somewhere between

8:30 and 10:00 depending on traffic....
Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski