For you Texans

Neener neener:

the sun does shine here!

Reply to
jjs

And With All that reflective white stuff it is much brighter too. enjoy the weather. It's almost done for this year now isn't it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

...............We've got a bright sunny day here in NY as well. Unfortunately, it's only 15 deg. F. with a wind chill factor down near zero at almost mid-day.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Our worst snow storm is usually in the middle of April. Remember this from a couple years ago?

Crazy, eh?

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:08:28 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@xyzzy.stafford.net (jjs) scribbled this interesting note:

Seems to me that if we get snow here in the DFW area it is usually around Thanksgiving!:~) The rest of the winter we are much more likely to have ice storms. It really is amusing to see Northerners, who really do have a great deal of experience driving on snow, think they can get around on ice!:~)

Today it is rather chilly-the temperature is in the forties and it is partly sunny. I'll say it again, I really can't stand cold weather!:~)

John Willis

..................Most of us northerners are smart enough to stay the hell off of ice with our cars. The stupid ones that don't know any better get deported to Texas.............lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Pretty much true about the ice driving, and it gets worse with every generation. I can't believe how many brain-dead idjits I see driving unconsciously through snow, on ice, through fog. And whenever there's been a good ice storm you can look out on the highway and it's _all_ 4WD SUVs in the ditch. We be Yankees and we be stupid.

Though I do recall driving through Texas in 73 (or so) in my BW Bus when the area was hit by a genuine snow storm. People going off left and right. For a long time, me and the interstate trucks had the roads to ourselves.

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:53:19 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@xyzzy.stafford.net (jjs) scribbled this interesting note:

One of the worst driving experiences I've ever had was in 1983. I was driving back home from the Simon and Garfunkle concert at Fair Park (in the Cotton Bowl). It was late. My girlfriend and I were in my Dad's 1967 Beetle Convertible. Now this is one thing you Midwestern Yankees don't ever have to contend with, but down here, even as far inland as Dallas, we sometimes get very strong remains of hurricanes. That evening Hurricane Alicia came to call. Driving through pelting rain and winds that were up to 60mph (or more) in a Beetle...well, I was just glad that the roads were mostly empty. That poor car was all over the road and there was nothing I could do about it. Good thing the 'Verts are a bit heavier than your general, run-of-the-mill Beetles. I'd hate to think what it would have been like in one of those!:~(

John Willis

I had no idea you went to that Concert............Did I? I am sure I went with my mother and someone else...............Were you part of that group?????

Hell, I was surprised theconcert was as long as it was in that rain................It's been so long I can;t remember who was with us.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It's not only ice. I remember living in San Diego. When it started to rain, all the fools decided "its going to take longer to get to work, so I must drive faster". Of course the inevitible happened!

Reply to
Frank

Yeah, but then, that's CA... "...all the fools..." goes without sayin... ;)

Reply to
KWW

Just hdd a big ice storm up here in Ore. Around New Years. With my chained up 68 bug i passed many SUV's stuck . he he

Reply to
Cletus