Help! Central Florida restoration

I have a 67 Ghia Cabriolet that needs a good bit of work. The rust work is minor, the top needs replacing because the window is ripped. (I have a new canvas top in a box.) It needs a whole new wiring harness. The engine area has too much bondo on one side, I'd like to replace the metal.

I have another Ghia sitting around to use for metal if needed.

Can anyone recommend a good shop or someone who restores as a hobby in the Lakeland FL area? (Between Tampa and Orlando).

Thanks

Reply to
romzburg

southeastvw

If Mario offers..... be afraid, be very afraid.

Reply to
Karl

Sorry my USENET email is fake.

Here's a real one:

snipped-for-privacy@romesburg.com

THANKS!

Reply to
romzburg

Ok, will send you one with that email.

Reply to
southeastvw

Classic Camber in the St. Petersburg area restores VWs. They did one for me last year (stock) and it took 1st place in its class in the Bug Jam. If you don't want to go that far, Joe the owner knows the competition in this area and can probably tell you if there is anyone closer to you. Phone number is 727-521-6989.

Or you can check out the next Lakeland VW Show, March 15-16, and see if any restorers show up there.

Chris Hobbs Oviedo FL 1967 Type 2 Doublecab 1974 412 Wag> >> In article ,

Reply to
Chris Hobbs