Inflated your tires lately? a petition

That's why I check several (credible) sources.

I would be willing to assert that an opinion based on a lie is not an opinion, but rather an embellished lie.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

The truth is the turd proved nothing. I don't usually lower myself to talking to fools like that. Anyway this group is a better now that I've twitted him.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Well I beleive I'll have another Bacardi and coke and there's no amount of argumant from anyone that can change my mind.

Who the f*ck cares what I beleive or who I vote for or who I listen to on the radio? What is the preoccupation some folks have with trying, and trying, and TRYING (ad nausium) to change the opinion of others to their point of view? WHO CARES???

(vw.aircooled)

Reply to
Tracy

Certainly not me. However, just be aware that there are forces out there who are trying to manipulate your opinion and they don't have your best interests in mind.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

The truth is you need somebody like Rush Limbaugh to provide you with opinions, because you are too stupid to to form your own. Yet, you call me a fool.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

you point seems to keep changing.... you said he lied, and cited an example... I'm not willing to do the legwork(just don't really give a shit) to see if he ever discussed the retraction that was issued... you do realize he doesn't make the news up, he gets it from the same sources you and I can access then he discusses it and offers his opinions and views.... you didn't prove he "lied" at best you proved he received a bad news wire and discussed it.... pat yourself on the back hard enough and you'll manage to hurt your shoulder...

(FTR, the "opinion" that was involved, since your agenda is blinding you to english, was only used in the context that it is an opinion based show... that, sir, is "fact"...)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Turd is working on proving something, however I fear it's not what he set out to prove...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

let me guess... credible means you agree with their views?

not that I really care, but I disagree.... as I said before, if you trust your sources (yes, even the ones you like) and they report something that turns out to be not true, you can't be embellishing anything... a lie is an intentional act, not an opinion based on information... period... whether you agree or not..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

absolutely... lots of folks whole-heartedly believe many credible sources that aren't always out there to just keep you informed...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

some folks won't rest until they feel they've changed your opinion, or shown your opinion to be wrong because it doesn't mesh with theirs... it's nothing unique, it happens everyday... those same folks don't realize that if they wish to hold an opinion, they must respect everyone's right to hold one too...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No, because they present facts not colored by opinions.

Right. So when Rush Limbaugh says the Chinese are drilling for oil off the coast of Florida and then further uses that lie as a basis for his opinion, that is an embellished lie. When Dick Cheny issues a press statement that the Chinese are not drilling for oil off the coast of Cuba/Florida as he previously stated it is a fact. I quoted the fox news report, which was taken from the associated press. I only quoted the fox report because if I quoted some other report I may be accused of some sort of bias, but the AP report is cited in hundreds of places. There are other sources of information available, not the least of which is simply looking it up on google earth where the resolution is enough to show oil rigs close to shore, of which there are none off cuba, but the information is not really complete. What made me skeptical about the story in the first place was

excerpt: "I saw all kinds of wells with Chinese writing on them just south of the Keys," Leonard Gropper, a Marathon, Florida retiree, told the June 20 Orlando Sun-Sentinel. This is of course not true for a number of reasons. If you have ever stood on the shore and looked out to sea, you would know why.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Like Fox news and Rush Limbaugh :-)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Who is not respecting someone's right to an opinion here?

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

and many others..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

you...

seems if you feel someone's "opinion" is wrong, or based on something you don't believe, then you will feverishly try to change their mind by showing them the truth as you believe it(opinion).... opinions are beliefs, not always based on truth nor even reality.... it is what it is...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No, I never said, nor will I ever say, that somebody doesn't have a right to an opinion. But I don't have to agree with it, and I will certainly point out when they have their facts wrong.

If somebody has their facts wrong, and bases their opinion on those (untrue) facts, their opinion is wrong.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

facts are one thing, opinions are another.... and most opinions are not based on facts, they are based on emotion, beliefs(real or imagined), or preference.... It's a moot point, but I stated my opinion(above) and you don't have to agree, nor like it... that's just how it is...

Joey Tribiani

.104744$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-06.dc.easynews.com...

Be careful, now. Remember that "the gloves are off." phhhhht!!! What kinda dipshit still uses language like that? hahaha! I'm guessing ol' turd got beat up a lot in school. Or maybe not. Maybe he "took the gloves off" and scared everyone away. HO flippin' HO flippin' HO! Nutty, I tells ya.

Reply to
Shag

messagenews:NW3xk.104744$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-06.dc.easynews.com...

Hey stupid, "the gloves are off" is a very common expression in everyday use look it up if you can.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

not that I care to get into you two guys little spat, but having met Shag and hung out with him, it's easy to tell that he's definitely not "stupid"... thinks things are funny that you don't? maybe...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani