Inflated your tires lately? a petition

Turd, you're corny. Nutty, even. hahaha! I crack me up. Get it? You're a turd and you're corny... and nutty... HO HO HO! Hey, here's another one... your attitude stinks like shit. HAHAHA! No applause, please. Just throw money. I'll be here all week.

Reply to
Shag

it still comes down to reading, listening, then deciding what *you* believe to be true based on the information you deam reliable... pretty much what everyone else does... interpretation causes a lot of debates on many subject... they can be healthy, and good, discussions, or they can be a pissing match or shit slinging contest... I'm surely not someone to condemn anyone for shit slinging, as I enjoy that, but i also avoid passionate subjects as i said before... "Politics, Religion, and her".... courtesy of Sammy...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

not sure that's completely necessary Tony.... as i pointed out before, political discussions in a car group rarely turns out pretty...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

no one had been pwnd by anyone... all i see, realistically, is you are shooting off at folks that don't necessarily agree with your point of view... but that's normal, if you don't agree with me you are wrong...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

if no one else will say it, I will..... Shag, this group needs your humor, as sick as it can be...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

which would I choose? depends I guess.... I have a bug and ghia that sit most of the time... same with my motorcycle... I did just buy a 96 Mazda that will sit most of the time too... but it better suits my occasional needs( the ability to pick up both of my kids, when the wife can't get one of them) than the bug or the ghia... so for what you describe, I'd take the vw anyday, that is what I use mine for... occasional pleasure driving..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

these folks are hired for their opinions... no different than any other hired/paid opinion show...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

As I see it, they almost always do. I managed to get politics banned from a vintage motorcycle list that I'm on and it's a much better place because of it. There's a shitload of other places to talk about this stuff and this crap is why newgroups are dying out.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Thanks for taking my ribbing in good humor. My eye-opening experience with ACVWs was with the original VW Doc in Chicago, Charles Harrison. He bought a VW mini-bus quite far from home. A friend drove us out to pick it up and drive it home. Charles brought a spare engine. Sure enough, a hundred miles from Chicago the engine dumped. He dropped the engine and replaced it right at the roadside. Damn, was I one impressed young puppy!

Reply to
John

Hey, can you make your sentences shorter so I can follow? :) One caveat about the ACVW is the rare time that one cannot find parts. I've got one with kadrons waiting for back-ordered parts. It's been something like three months. I suspect it will snow here before the parts arrive.

(Rebuild kits and new floats. They must be made of unobtanium or something.)

Reply to
John

If you ordered those parts from AJ Simms, that would explain the long wait...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I think it's a supplier problem and many dealers must be waiting. I ordered from aircooled john.

Reply to
John

could be...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That's dedication right there!

Reply to
Tracy

But what you believe to be true doesn't make it true because you believe it. There are still people out there that think there was no way we could have landed on the moon. However there is overwhelming evidence that we did which shows them to be wrong, and all of their theories have been shown to be false, yet they still believe. That said, you may agree with a majority of Rush Limbaugh's opinions, but he is not a credible source if you are looking to discover the truth about an issue. In fact, he frequently gets his facts wrong, and if you aren't willing to do the legwork to look up the truth, then you can be easily mislead by by what he says.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

I should clarify, in California, a 10 year old Toyota has to be smog checked (I believe yearly) which is a major pain. Cars built before 1975 are exempt, that figured into my decision as well. So grocery getter+no smog check+cool factor= aircooled VW :-)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Nah, he lost an argument he probably shouldn't have been in to begin with. He dchallenged me to prove Rush Limbaugh lied on his radio show. I did, it wasn't an opinion. Then he got all pissy about it. It's like when you guys rag on that Mario guy and he won't admit, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary that he stole from that lady. The facts really aren't up for interpretation there.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

that was my point.... and if your source says it's "true" and you trust that, you too could be mislead...

as was said before, by you, the "truth" is reported differently by different sources... as i said, interpretation sometimes takes over and that is why folks view things the way they do... in an opinion based conversation facts(real or imagined) really don't matter....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

i don't see where that was any kind of "loss" of an argument... you let on that nothing said on the radio show is credible but fail to realize(as i pointed out) his show is no different than any other opinion based show or column, or whatever... retractions are rarely remembered as well as the initial statements anyway.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

My point was that Rush Limbaugh lies, and I proved it. No opinion is involved.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks