OT: pets

thanks Shag....pets grow on ya, don't they? its the little crap that makes you miss em after they are gone, including the things that they did that pissed ya off...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

White 'goldens' are supposed to be destroyed according to the AKC. Doesn't that just suck?

Reply to
Two

as are any dogs that have what the AKC consider "flaws"....my Suzie had a "bleach spot" on her eye...she could never be shown....didn't change the fact that she was as good of a companion as anyone could ask for....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Akc does not tell anyone to kill their dog. They do give the breed standards and tell you that you cannot show the white ones. Color does not tell anyone if your dog is good nor anything about the companionship so who cares unless you want to show or breed them. I love my dogs and they are my friends. It hurts when we lose our friends. Click on below and see the friends I live with. They are all in the house with us except the rescue coyote. Again, sorry about your loss Dennis

href="

"Den'sDogs

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

forgot to say, if you want to see some of my dogs, click on below. Dennis

href="

"Den'sDogs

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

.........I understand how you feel Chris. They're so trusting and their love is given without any conditions or strings attached. My std. schnauzer came from the breeder with a contract that stipulated that he never be bred but I have no idea whether he has any flaws from a breed standards angle. Maybe it's just because they aren't commercially bred and the breeders' assoc. wants to keep it that way. Whatever.....Renegade is my best friend, always waiting at the door when I come home, always happy to see me, loves to go for a ride in my bug, sleeps on the floor next to me at night and I'd be heartbroken to lose him as you are now that Suzie is gone.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

here's a link to my buddy:

Tim Rogers

...don't know how I'll manage when Annie (my Airdale Terrier) passes. I know it's inevitable, but it hurts just imagining it. When we got Annie from a local, recognized breeder, we too signed a no-breed clause. We never intended to breed her so it was no issue; she's since been spayed also. My understanding is that this is done to ensure that the breeds are not overbred - or bred without alot of thought into lineage, etc. In Annie's case, her father was specifically brought into Canada from Scotland in order to maintain a certain amount of distance between lineages.

Reply to
MikeyZ

We've been fortunate. I nearly lost mine in a car accident in 1988. That side of the car was pretty well destroyed, but the dog jumped clear and ran away. We didn't find her, she was found before I even had a chance to call the vet on Monday and let them know she had been lost. She had some glass fragments in her skin and some scratches and cuts, but she lived until 2003.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

That droopy eye picture says it all. That look steals your heart - you'd have to me made of stone if that doesn't melt you.

Very nice pix. Boxers are great dogs - very kind, gentle animals, from what I've seen. What is that larger one (looks like some sort of mastiff type)?

How did you get to have a cayote? Never met anyone that had one of those. How are they in relation to the other dogs and humans? Is he like a regular dog in that he sees you as 'alpha'?

Remco

Reply to
Remco

That's true. They do suggest that the dog be neutered.

Reply to
Two

very nice dog Tim...did you see my Scooter(mini schnauzer) in the one picture at that link i posted? they are great....if the standards are similar in disposition and personality to the mini's i can understand your love for the fellow....we "inherited" our mini from my wife's uncle who had asked us to take care of his dog should anything happen to him....he died, and we did... wouldn't change it for the world....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hi Chris

Just catching up on RAMVA posts

I am truely sorry to here about Suzie.

We have a boxer cross, he is getting on for 15 yrs. No signs of ill health, a few signs of old age, but he is happy and energetic.

We know he wont go on forever, and understand how you must feel. I will try to post some pics later.

Take Care Rich

Reply to
tricky

Two,

What is AKC? Are they must be a group of idiots!?!?! We can see a lot of white Golden here in exhibition. Even on books related with Golden Retrievers we can see a lot of them.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Two,

What is AKC? Are they a group of idiots!?!?! We can see a lot of white Golden here in exhibition. Even on books related with Golden Retrievers we can see a lot of them.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

........Scooter's a lucky dog! ...He's got big ears though......lol

...........I don't know whether mini's & stds. have the same disposition. Does Scooter like to roll around in the snow and then come inside and jump on the bed to dry off while your wife is sleeping so that she gets mad at you for not drying him off first? Renney has some other tricks too but that's one of his favorites.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

well we had his nuts cut so we left the ears...

Scooter does indeed know that trick....LOL...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

What is AKC? Are they a group of idiots!?!?! We can see a lot of white Golden here in exhibition. Even on books related with Golden Retrievers we can see a lot of them.

João

American Kennel Club...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thanks Rich....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

101 Dalmations, i belive, quite ironic really. Thread going around and around..
Reply to
Juper Wort