OT These guys needed a Schwimmwagen

There were some folks in Cuba that wanted to get to the U.S. so they took a 51 Chevy flatbed truck, mounted it on barrels (with tires on) and hooked a propellor to the driveshaft and were sailing along at 8mph until the Coast Guard caught them, sent them back to Cuba, and sank the 51 to the bottom of the ocean. Story and picture here.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Max

I wish they would have made it across, so the truck could come home (old Chevys are my fave US vehicles).

Jon

66 Beetle, 'still' in primer

> VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH> >

jwnrj

They must be able to watch Junkard Wars down in Cuba . "On the next episode of Junkyard Wars we're building amphibious submarines, and here is our first team, The *insert clever Cuban related team name here*

Reply to
Ryan Moore