Re: Opiniun on Proreesive carbs

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:41:28 -0400, "Xyclone" ran around screaming and yelling:

I know many prefer them over dual carb setups. > >Xyclone

only those that have *never* had a dual carb setup, or run offroad...a centermount carb is hard to tune properly and typically needs a good supply of preheat to the manifold to keep carb icing down...they tend to run rough, rich, and have bad gas mileage *untill* properly jetted and tuned... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Howdy.

We have both dual Dells and single Progressive.... I prefer the single Progressive.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:48:46 -0500, "MN AirHead" ran around screaming and yelling:

like i said, if they are properly tuned they are great...but getting them there can be a bit much for some...they will "run" as they come, but that doesn't make them "great"... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Good point Joey....

Putting both cars next to each other.... I'm not conivnced the extra cash and tuning is worth the slight performance difference.

I don't want to start the which type of performance is better... if I were spending the cash again... I'd stick to a single Webber.... and keep the rest of the cash in the bank or put it into electronic ignition etc.

Reply to
MN AirHead

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:27:37 -0500, "MN AirHead" ran around screaming and yelling:

i have run centermount dellorto's....i liked them performance wise, yet I can't say i think they are the best...i did have a bit of carb icing trouble though...this was on a high rev-ing 1835 with 45 dell...it took some time to get it properly jetted, but when it was right it was a performer...cool weather didn't agree with it...i had to fabricate a "hotbox" to keep the carb happy in the winter... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
teknoclash

part# K1410

Includes the pre-heat manifold. Damn nice carb! Tuning is a bit hard as the low speed mixture and low speed jet are facing and up against the doghouse. I highly recommend the carter rotary-vane 3.5 psi electric fuel pump to go with it.

Reply to
David Gravereaux