Re: OT Looks like Rusty needs some mud boggers

> I wonder if this post will piss anyone in particular off. :-D > >

....................If you're talking about the rain at the race at Watkins Glen (about an hour's drive from my house), this GD rainy, humid, 'southern' climate that we've been having this summer is kind of pissing me off. One reason that I live up here is because I like mild, dry weather in the summer. Hell, more than half the homes up here don't even have central air-conditioning but Wal Mart has been selling a $h!+load of those window units this year. Our two cars that have air-conditioning had to actually be recharged with freon this summer because they hadn't been needed in the past and had been unused/neglected until now.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:22:46 GMT, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

That's the one I'm talking about. Rusty Wallace thought he was driving the LCB for a minute there and took his racecar offroading. He got stuck in a hurry. I just happen to know that someone else on this newsgroup is a big fan of his, but I won't mention Chris/Joey's name. Oops. Did I type that? :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

................I'm not a big NASCAR fan but if you two were to drive up here for next year's race, I'd be glad to spend the weekend with you guys at the race as well. I could be a guide/ interpreter or something so that there wouldn't be too much 'culture shock'..................Maybe you could even drag Gareth along too.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I thought it was a great race. But then again. I'm a little biased. Robby's been a close friend of mine since his desert racing days. We get together whenever he has a chance to get out here.

AND-He's got an ACVW tie. After he broke his leg at 15 racing motorcycles, his dad put him in buggies. He raced them for several years, until moving over to the Mickey Thompson Stadium series and Trophy Trucks.

He still runs buggies on occasion, but now uses Toyota Power.

Looks like this year Robby's the King of the Road (Course)

Reply to
Alan Nelson

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:04:27 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...not at all...exactly what i expected from him...i am not a "fairweather fan", i am there through good, bad, and muddy... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:25:43 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

hehe...congrats to your driver...he pulled off a "silent" top ten... C/J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:42:19 GMT, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

be careful what you wish for...i came within a "gnats ass" of coming up there this weekend...i know a fellow from NY(not that i actually like him, LOL) that has been going to the glen for twelve years now...he left out of salem virginia on thursday morning, and will be back this coming tuesday....he and his friends/family go up and camp in the infield for a few days....sounds fun to me.. J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:04:02 -0700, "Alan Nelson" ran around screaming and yelling:

thats cool as heck alan....im far from a RG "fan", but i do respect his talent(that many don't seem to recognise) and love the "attitude" he can have...especially when it comes to that paintpuke....i had a friend that was "buddies" with stacy compton...we hung out and drank beer at a local lake a few times...its kinda cool to know someone that you get to see "making it big" on nationwide tv... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Got a friend who goes every year to the Glen, I usually go with him (works for a Pepsi distributor, great perks!) but since we just bought a house and the rain has made moving HELLLLLLLL......I passed this year.....will catch the fall NHIS race.....should be moved in by then...or living on an ark.....which ever comes first.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Hardcore Craven fan here....but have to give RG his due....hell of a wheel and definitely a driven competitor....just like Kurt Busch....both can rub you the wrong way both on and off the track but you cannot accuse either of lacking heart and spirit....

Sneaks..

motorcycles,

Reply to
Sneaks