semi-OT: embarrassing moments driving.

Past few days my area has had some pretty high humidity and we got some pretty good rainfall in last night.. perfect rusting weather for my beetle's drums.

Pulling out of the neighborhood this morning this hadn't sunk in, I park on a curb so hadn't had occassion to slow down yet. I came up on the first intersection where some lady was crossing with her kid.. he couldn't have been older than 5.

So I go to stop, completely overdid it and locked all four wheels. Wasn't an issue of speed or distance between me and an accident I just didn't know that rust (and the associated extra friction) was there.

At any rate as I come to a screeching halt the kid instantly bursts into tears as his mom shuffles him out of my way as fast as she can. The look she gave me made me want to crawl into a hole and die.

oops. :P

Reply to
Seth Graham

The same thing happened to me today, I got front discs, but with tropical rain, and going downhill, that is not much useful. Only with me, instead of the mom and kid, There was this gorgeous young lady driving a new mercedes convertible. She game me a look like she wished me to die.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña