Smashed Noses

What is the deal with most buses that are for sale, most have the nose smashed? Having never owned one, I don't understand why this is such a common wound for a bus.

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

A lot of bugs also had the spare tire mounted on the nose, at one time or another. (Not factory mounted, but a convenient place to put it, for some people)

The weight alone dented many a bus nose, not to mention pulling into a parking apace against a wall, and misjudging the distance, often due to recreational use of illegal herbs.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Not everyone got used to just how much room you had, or didn't have out there in front of the steering wheel...and of course the aforementioned herbs certainly contributed....

-=weasel=-

Reply to
Weasel

Yep, I forgot about that! Just one more reason. - DB

Reply to
DB

it is a big vehicle with 4 wheel drum brakes and takes a little getting used to. they definitely don't stop on a dime. when changing from the 912 to my bus I had to remember to allow for a bit more stopping distance...

knt

TerryB wrote:

Reply to
knt