Thanks Maudib!

Scott, You are a lifesaver! Thank you! It was unbelievably helpful when you posted those pictures of the generator and alternator stands last night! I had to get my bug working to get to work this morning for an important meeting.

I had splurged and taken the $$ that would have gone into labor to repair the Honda Accord brakes and bought an alternator to replace my messed up generator. Getting the bug brakes finished AND the alternator replaced (done just before midnight) would NOT have happened if you hadn't posted those pictures! I didn't know that the stand I'd been using for my generator these past years was a "universal" alternator/generator stand. I didn't even know that they existed! Your picture proved to me that it could be done! Now to launch in on the Accord disk brakes.... too bad I have to pull the rotors on it too.... but I'd rather do it myself and put the savings to good use than pay to have it done and then STILL have the bug sitting on jacks in the driveway!

The bug worked this morning for the 42 miles to work without a problem! WOW! Fweemin again after 2 months on the sidelines! KWW

Reply to
KWW

All that,..........and while I ate a huge plate full of leftovers.......LOL

Glad I could help...................Hell,................I've not seen a universal stand for them,............unless the one on my engine is one,...................LOL

I am pretty sure it is a factory piece.

Pictures weren't very clear but they were bright enough to make out what we were talking about huh???

once again, Glad to help.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®