Vintage Tailight Question

I was looking for something else, and ran across some NOS VW Tailights on ebay. I said that they were good from 53-62 VWs. Just curious, but wouldn't the tailights have changed in 1955 when they when from with Blinkers instead of Semaphores. Here is the link.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

He also says that they would be fine for a '62... I don't know how you would describe the '62 Tailight, but the one he shows is not "correct" for a '62... The '62 tailight was used all the way through '67 and was thus '62 was the first year for it.. :-)

Wade Hasbrouck

1967 Beetle (Debuger)
Wade Hasbrouck