Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

an electric VW on the news!
yes. a converted '67 Karmann ghia.

6V to 12 conversion q.
a neighbor with a '60 bug asked me how difficult it is to go 12 volt. I thought the starter was the worst of it. tho you can spin a 6v starter with 12volt. isn't it easier to rebush the tranny and...
13
13

75 FI problems, running rich
I'll post this here, a customer of mine has a rich condition apparently with his 75 FI bug. I've never worked on the FI version, so I could use some troubleshooting help.... any ideas welcome. I've...

71 campmobile interior wood venereer
what two types of wood was used on the walls and roof and cabinets? i am restoring one w/ 47k mi very nice shape white ext.
1
1

What happened to "Speedy Jim" ?
We miss him.
5
5

I miss this place
The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all
15
15

My odometer has lost its mind!
Filled up just after getting out of work, odometer shows 00621. Got home - straight home - ODO shows 00636. It's a 5 mile ride... No wonder I occasionally seem to get extraordinary MPG. Bet I've been...
7
7

New to me,,, A "Wild Westerner" bus...
Seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding this colour scheme.. I think the Designers at VWOA were on drugs in 1973 when they came up with this scheme. It is rumored to have been a 1973 only colour...
2
2

Not many VW,s in Turkey
Just spent 11 days touring Turkey and only saw one VW. A Beetle about 65 vintage, probably a 1300 from script on boot.( script was in Turkish!). Pottering along gamely in middle of 3 lane highway....

Beetle/bug Pickup project
Hi all for a while now, I have been toying with the idea of making a beetle pickup for me to use for work. It would be more or less a 'standard' pickup design, but with a roof rack capable of carrying...
39
39

Beutler Sports Car
I was reading a car related book called the Encylopedia of Sports Cars. Wa s reading about a car called the Beutler. They were a Swiss coachbuilder. They did some work for Porsche and used some VWs...
3
3

Ironic
Oh and "isn't it ironic" (had to say this since I was just staying next to Alanis Morissette) I also see a thread that states a restoration will cost around $17k. And I still don't hear of any show...
9
9

swing axle nuts - Guru advice appreciated.
Snapping Arse indeed! No stripped threads. And, unless I was on the day of original assembly somehow abducted by aliens and turned into an idiot, there's not a whole lot that can be put together wrong...
15
15

A tribute to Bob Hoover
Surely, sorely missed.
4
4

Ramvy the First
Ramvy the First, never made it out of California
2
2