Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW Trikes
I am a VW and motorcycle enthusiast and have just had a LAK amputation. Prior to that I was thinking of building a VW engined trike but now I don't know if that's possible in my condition. I know some...
1
1

Anyone bought From http://www.tirebuyer.com/ ?
Has anyone bought tires from ? I can't believe it! A set of Firestone - FR710 tires for only $296.12. I would then have to pay someone to mount and balance them. I guess I would have to chance it on...

Firing order question
4321.. wouldn't it be smoother if the order fired one side of the engine then the other? like 4231 ? yes, I have an inquiring mind.
5
5

I wonder what a 6 volt K.G. clock is worth?
I no longer have a K.g. with the Big Clock. so I want to sell this spare. What could I get for it? It works! TIA
2
2

carb. question
Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?
9
9

I need an air compressor. Which should I get?
I just need a reliable low cost air compressor to inflate auto tires. I was thinking of Walmart or Home Depot. Which should I get? What do you use? TIA!
2
2

Curiouser and curiouser
Jeez, its quite!. After very much longer than I care to admit I twigged that the cause of my T3 being reluctant to start when hot may have nothing to do with carburation. Taking the other approach I...
4
4

Anyone tried them?
I,m looking at a SVDA Distributor ( equiv 113-905-205) on ebay. ~$50 in Aust dollars. ( veedub-online store) Obviously Chinese manufacture for that price and looking at other ads it seems to be used...

FS: Hazet 36 mm striking wrench
I have a Hazet 36 mm striking wrench for sale. It's used, but the wrench points show no wear. It works great on the rear axle nuts when you don't have air tools available or when they aren't enough....
1
1

'69 KG directionals dead.
Is the directionals part of the emergency flashers circuit? first the emergencies went out and now nothing. do they share the same flasher relay unit?
8
8

valve lash every other week, GRRR
Just venting... Motor is stock down under with EMPI 3417 merged header exhaust, Weber ICH dual carbs and SCAT 1.25 ratio rockers. It runs great 'cept I forgot to change the front engine seal when I...
4
4

Another one gone.
This car was part of this years 'Russefeiring', where our students celebrate the finishing of the equivalent to College. It involves heavy partying for the better part of a month. The vehicles varies...
6
6

Father Of The VW Beetle
In every VW book I have read, they cite Ferdinand Porsche as the person who designed the VW Beetle. I ran across some information today that disputes that. It says that an engineer by the name of...
10
10

What year is this?
Is there a definitive "coffee table" book out there to help me refresh? I saw a flat window Super and forgot '72s were that way until someone reminded me... I'm losing it in my old age.
2
2

Ignition switch wiring??
Someone needed help with wiring on his newly acquired kit car. As far as he knows the donor was a 73 Beetle (US). He claims the VIN starts 1332-something. That does not correspond to any VW of that...
6
6