bypassing security code

I am not the first owner of a '98 S70 in which the battery was recently unintentionally discharged. I was aware that a four digit code is required to reactivate the radio, but I never received this code. Someone said that if one simply leaves the radio on for a period of time (I've forgotten how long) the radio will reset itself without the code. Is this true?

Reply to
ccr

No. Drive to your nearest Volvo dealer. From the VIN, they can find out the code for you. If the radio has been replaced, they will need to find out the radio serial number. A good dealer will not charge for this service.

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

IF YOU LEAVE A 9 VOLT BATTERY CONNECTED TO YOUR CIG LIGHTER THE SYSTEM HOLDS THE RADIO SETTINGS AS WELL I THINK THE RADIO CODE .I HAVE LEFT MY CELL PHONE ON AND IT DISCHARGES INTO THE CAR KEEPING THE ANTENNA UP TILL THE PHONE IS REMOVED .

Reply to
John Robertson