Ford Escort cambelt

Anyone know how to figure out what type of cambelt my 1996 Escort LX 16V 1.6 has just from looking at the engine? The user guide's not particularly specific on my model. I assume that
it's a Zetec engine as no other sort of 1.6 engine is referred to. Anybody confirming this would be helpful too
Cheers for any help
Dan

In the US, there was a 1.8 DOHC and a 1.9 SOHC engine.
I assume you are in the East side of the Atlantic, on that big island north of France. If that is the case, it probably is a Zetec. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Zetec
In the US, you can go to your local autoparts store. In their engine parts books, they list all of the engines that were used. Or visit the friendly service or parts department of you local Ford dealer.
Jeff

I am indeed slightly north of France!
Cheers Jeff, much appreciated -- it is indeed a Zetec. Someone with a bit of mechanic experience had a look yesterday: Bad news -- labour costs will be high as it's a two-belt system that is a bit awkward to replace. Good news -- the Zetec engine cambelt is supposed to be replaced every 80,000 miles not every 40,000 miles so I have only done 1.5 times more than I should rather than 3 times as much! :-)
Again, thanks for the help
Dan