Top Gear.

Was it the Grand Canyon du Verdon? I've driven the route, I think, and it's a magnificent place to drive, if the prospect of a skinny bit of Armco separating one from 3,000ft of bugger all doesn't put one off.

Sadly I didn't have my car with me, I was in a hired Pug 406. Umm not really the car to fling down an Alpine road, too lardy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

£50k can buy a LOT of different and lovely motors...

Maybe something in the way of a nice 911 Turbo... Can you get 355s for £50k these days?

Reply to
DanTXD

Oh i remembered, but i was away in London. Had occasion to use the M25 at rush hour this weekend. Ye gods.

Reply to
DanTXD

I have to say, no. That RS4 was spanktastic. Even if it is beaten up a=20 hill by two skinny blokes.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

The 355 is ok if you are stick thin and 5 foot tall and probably not a lot quicker than the RS4.

Reply to
Depresion

But if i had the 355 i'd have a Ferrari. If i had the Audi i may as well have just bought a Skoda.

Reply to
DanTXD

Thing is, if you spunked away £50k on an A4, you'd always regret not buying a nearly new RS6 instead.

Reply to
SteveH

with

Only around the mudflaps though - on mine anyway. Audi 80 B4.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Well, you could buy a 4x4 octavia 2.0 turbo 150bhp, but not an octavia

4x4 V8 500bhp. A little minor difference.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Indeed, 50k would be Maserati territory, or Porsche. Or used M5. Probably into CL/SL55 as well.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You will, because the Audis still drive.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm sure the RS4 will sell well, but it'll be interesting to see how well it tunes with it not being turbocharged.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Kind of like the fabia?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Scary engine swap - Skoda Superb with an RS4 engine...

In fact I bet the 2.7Turbo RS4 engine will fit in the Superb too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lol. I like the cut of your jib :-)

Well, just about anything from the A4 and A6 ranges will fit.

Superb W12.

Reply to
SteveH

Yep: a superb W12 should be fine but it allready exists: called Phaeton over here. Now that VW is considering trowing all those unsellable Phaetons in a lake, the W12 Superb can pick the thread up. If it's given away, it might even sell!

Phaeton ain't a bad car: got a lift in one, drives nice; got a proposition for one: 50% clean off the selling price, 64% clean off for a "used" W12 with 6500 km on the clock. Scrambled all I could to get out as fast as possible. :)

A supercar (all 2500 kg of it!) with a big VW-badge on the nose and steering wheel is about as much worth as the same supercar with a Skoda-badge (no offence to the Bouncing Tjsech ) and depriciates twice faster as the brick can fall.

A VW-supercar with the Bentley-logo on: now we are cooking with charcoal !

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

the Ferrari would have much better resale though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No problems. We Skoda owners/enthusiasts love it. Especially when the true value of something becomes a reality that smacks a VW owner in the mouth compared to the "apparent" value they thought the badge had.

Strangley, there was a 2 door coupe Concept car called the Skoda Tudor that was originally meant to have a 3 litre turbo V6. The designer left Skoda but was sent to Bentley in a VAG re-shuffle. Soon after the sketches of the Continental GT appeared. So the continental GT is just VW with a Bentley badge, it is a Skoda with a VW badge.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yep, it is a lot harder to get leg over in an F355 than an RS4, very little physical room for one thing.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Phaetons? Unsellable? Good. Means they'll be nice and cheap at around ten years old. Are the W12s reliable?

Hehe!

Yes, but a supercar with a Skoda badge is just *sooo* wrong it's right!

Reply to
AstraVanMan