maxima acceleration question

i have a 2000 Maxima SE 5-spd and when i accelerate near or at full throttle especially in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, once in awhile it feels as if the power cuts out for a 1/2 second than goes again several times, i dont know if it is torque steer or if the car is actually loosing some power.... i bought it used and i am afraid that it could be a problem....and also doesn't feel as fast as i thought it would be...maybe it's just me?? could i install a k&n intake in it? will it make it a little faster? what about the oxygen sensor cables? can someone out there help?!?!?!!? thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

Are you running premium in it?

Reply to
JimV

Clogged fuel filter, perhaps? Or the fuel pump is dying?

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov

Do 2000 Maximas have a replaceable fuel filter? If so, where is it?

Reply to
Cal Smith

It's not a standard maintenance item. You need to remove the back seat and remove it, along with the sender unit, from the gas tank. I personally don't believe the benefits of replacing it outweigh the risks.

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
john smith

When you say "...replace it" are you refering to the pump (with filter) or just the filter?

Reply to
Cal

Well, it does look like the filter is in the tank (unlike my '97). If so, I'd suggest ruling out everything else before opening up the tank.

Are you, by chance, hitting the rev limiter?

Reply to
Filipp Stepanov

Reply to
john smith