Original hubcaps?

So I bought some "original" hubcaps (pre-66) on ebay but I'm not sure they're original. I've seen some of the repros, some are decent and some are really bad. Anyone know how to determine if they are original vw before I pay to have them rechromed? I know they weigh more and the stamping is a lot more crisp. Should there be any vw mark on the inside? Or does someone know exactly what one weighs? TIA,

-Chip

Reply to
Chip Keller

I've never seen a repo hubcap, but this is the best photo of one of my originals:

If the logo is a slightly different shape, but looks 'original' then it could be an early Type 3 cap. They'll still fit though!

Any pictures of yours?

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose