Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

: ) __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

: ) : ) __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

at this point in the game a smiley just wont do. in keeping with the chronological order of usenet, your next step was _supposed_ to be "youre just to stupid to understand so i wont bother with you anymore" which always translates the same way. please redo your response. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Ah, the 'bottom line'.... and I completely understand, ever since spray paint was made illegal it's been hard. Next they'll outlaw the brush! You'll have to daub it on with a stick... all in the name of some pussy scientists and their pussy theories.

BTW, I don't hear the Republican party advocating repeal of the EPA act.... Nixon did it, after all!

Oh, btw, Freon is in the ocean water, too... and is detectable in well water. It's now a reliable test for telling the age of the water you're drinking...

CFCs provide excellent tracers and dating tools of young water (50 year = time scale). CFC-11, CFC-12 and CFC-113 concentrations in water can be = determined to a detection limit of about 0.3 picograms per kg of water = (pg/kg-1) using purge and trap, gas chromatographic techniques with = electron-capture detector (GC-ECD; Bullister, 1984; Bullister and Weiss, =

1988; Busenberg and Plummer, 1992). This means that by measuring = concentrations of CFC-12, CFC-11 and CFC-113, it is possible to identify = groundwater recharged since approximately 1941, 1947, and 1955, = respectively. Groundwater dating with CFC-11, CFC-12 and CFC-113 is = possible because (1) the atmospheric mixing ratios of these compounds = are known and/or have been reconstructed over the past 50 years, (2) the = Henry's law solubilities in water are known, and (3) concentrations in = air and young water are relatively high and can be measured.=20

You'd be better off stonewalling like Nate... __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

OK... I'll take that as a yes. Now, does the air *two* feet north of the equator mix with the air *one* foot north of the equator? And vis a vis the south example, same? __ Steve reductio ad absurdum .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

serious question, arguments aside......isnt our drinking water the _same_ water the dinosaurs drank? recycled many times certainly, but i was unaware of "new" water. where does it come from?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Water is easily taken apart with electricity... and burning something with hydrogen in it (like your car's gasoline) creates what you could term 'new water'. However, the quote I gave is referring to=20 how long the water has been in the ground.

Perhaps you're thinking of 'atoms'... the same hydrogen and oxygen atoms are still running around, just in different configurations. New atoms are normally made from bigger, radioactive ones, by decay. Fusion makes bigger atoms from smaller ones... happens in the Sun, in hydrogen bombs, and now (recently!) on a small scale in the laboratory. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Look, Stonewall, I'm not going anywhere, so you can just get used to me.

So how about that NOAA stuff? Pretty conclusive, eh? __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Bill, those liberal search engines will just get you into trouble! Take a guess what salt is made from... the whole point is, Freon can carry chlorine up high, where only a *big* volcano can normally put it. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

just as well, i needed a play-toy. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Look, Stonewall, I'm not going anywhere, so you can just get used to me.

So how about that NOAA stuff? Pretty conclusive, eh? __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

'mee, too... bye!' __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Still a flat-earther? We can learn...=20 __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

EPA, Bill..... eeeeeeeppppppaaaaaa..... nniiiiiixxxxooonnnn. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell