OT texas help

Approximately 9/25/03 12:47, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

The mountains are more or less in the general direction of white sands, as they border the range along the west [organs] and southwest [franklins]. The huecos, dona ana, etc. to me are more foothils, but to be honest they are the best offroading since you can actually drive on them, unlike the organs where you'd need an elevator or rock axe.

The rest of the area is just desert and gullies, with heading east being distinquished by being even more flat and boring than Hwy 50 in eastern nevada to western utah in my book.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 9/25/03 13:27, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Hee, yeah, but if you consider the history of either El Paso or Los Angeles, perhaps they may justifiably consider the white minority and their alien status just a fairly recent and temporary condition.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 9/25/03 13:19, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Does Arizona have any of those goofy laws that a commercial trucker absolutely *must* stop and buy fuel at least once while crossing the state?

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yeah, they both do sorta have an "aged aroma" don't they.

Approximately 9/25/03 14:13, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

This last Labor day I went to Bustamante, Nuevo Leon, Mexico to to some spelunking/wheeling in the mountains. There is a nice old church in town at the square. Pretty, painted, courtyard, high wall, neon cross on top, still used regularly. What really got my attention was, it Pre-dated the Alamo, by decades.

There is a little village near El Paso that is one of the oldest settlements in the United States. Ysleta, founded 1682.

Reply to
Jeepers

No, I am not a troll, I lurk here daily and once in awhile jump into the conversation. I have been exposed to most of Texas, and none of it impressed me. If your feelings got hurt, I am sorry. My opinion was asked for, and I gave it. I hope you enjoy Texas, somebody might as well get some use out of that wasteland.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

As with the Rio Grande valley down south, I think I speak better Spanish than most of the locals. The pidgin they use is pure slop -

1/3 Spanish, 1/3 English and who the hell knows what the other third is. I have to get 100 miles into Mexico to be able to hold a conversation. My brother works at the prison near Pharr and refuses to speak a word of Spanish, even at home with an Hispanic wife.
Reply to
Will Honea

Nothing wrong with Houston except that it's THERE!

Reply to
Will Honea

El Paso is a border town and a major immigration zone. Many people come across the border just to deliver babies (and become citizens), If she speaks Spanish, that is a plus. Wages are generally low, but so is the cost of living. Amarillo is more into agriculture and cattle (cliché Texas) and farther north. A little snow in the winter and similar wages. It all depends on her nursing specialty which I would pick. (I am a Nurse in San Antonio) Remember, Texas is a big state and still a very long days drive from Houston either way.

Reply to
Mad Medic

Approximately 9/25/03 18:07, Will Honea uttered for posterity:

cómo frijole, donde frijole is about as bad as I recall... the usted is presumed.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

shes a registered nurse with acls, bcls, telemetry certified, and some type of cardiac stuff that i dont recall the letters on.

cool, that was another option also. how is san antonio? how is nursing in san antonio?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Approximately 9/25/03 18:07, Will Honea uttered for posterity:

To quote a local houstonian, "a waste of a good swamp"

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hey, I have a GREAT idea... let's give all those "illegal aligns" drivers licenses and maybe let them vote too!

Reply to
Joe

Una??? Don't you mean mucho cerveza?

Reply to