OT texas help

Also forgot to mention Houston has the largest medical center district IN THE COUNTRY -- your wife would have endless job opportunities.

You'll be missing out if you don't consider Houston just because of what some ignorant people said...

Reply to
jjp

hi jjp, thanks for the thorough response! however, at this point they wifey and i have reached a stalemate and finally compromise. she says that she will support me in moving anywhere i want to move if ill wait until the end of this school year so that we dont have to pull the kids out of school mid term. if thats the price of peace at home then ill take it and consider it a bargain. i wont lose a thing by doing it again this coming may/june, except under different circumstances. since shes leaving it up to me, its either going to be billings, rapid city, or outside of tucson. any of those places should give me what i want, and this way i have plenty of time to research my options. thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

If it's I-45 you're talking about, I don't know what you mean... construction?

I read the book -- and although I don't agree with all of the ways they came up with the ratings (DC got a big boost for its culture/museums) it's the best source I've found so far on this kind of thing.

Really? I think Texas City is rather nasty, personally. But I'd hardly consider it, or Galveston, as Houston -- being that they're both far from Houston main.

> IMO, this is a much better source than these magazines that come out> > with the occasional list... probably as a way to sell more magazine> > copies.

Reply to
jjp

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

... and you still haven't said WHY...

Reply to
jjp

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 9/29/03 16:18, jjp uttered for posterity:

A guess would be tough jails...

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 9/29/03 16:05, Nathan W. Collier uttered for posterity:

The last time I was in Tucson, it was 123 at noon, with a few hours to go.... lovely, rugged, desert territory, and the wifey won't even need a stove to cook meals, just a patch of black asphalt. Dunno what the record heat there is...not sure I wanna know. Rapid City is georgeous, pretty much any terrain you want within an hour or so.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

we lived there when i was little (my dad was stationed at ellsworth) and drove through there on the way back from montana this past july. it seemed like a good place to raise a family both then and now.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
twaldron

agreed. DC SUCKS!

> IMO, this is a much better source than these magazines that come out> > with the occasional list... probably as a way to sell more magazine> > copies.

Reply to
Joe

I don't know, maybe that was before I moved here. I don't use I-45 much anyway, I live on the west side of town.

Reply to
jjp

Yes -- and for these, you might look at the differences in state taxes, etc. Also -- big weather differences with these!

Reply to
jjp

Hey -- I was pretty much forced to have to do research. I was sick of going back to visit Austin or other places and having people ask me "how do you like Houston" in a tone that suggested they were expecting me to go on and on about how awful it was.... (and of course most of these people hadn't been to Houston in years, or ever....)

Reply to
jjp

I always thought Massachusetts was an idiot state but letting illegal aliens drive?! That's pretty much saying it's ok to be an illegal alien. Be interesting to see Arnie as Govenor even if it's only for 1 term.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

I was there for that one.

Hurricanes are expected to visit the Texas coast on average of every eight years. Until Claudette (which went right over my home) it had gone up to twenty, but the average is eight years.

Reply to
Jeepers