OT texas help

Reply to
twaldron

Yeah, jus wait til an Andrew hits Houston, or Corpus. :^(

Claudette went to a a cat 2 right at landfall. I'm 70 miles inland and I lost many, many trees. Four shade trees right at my house. It was a small one. We decided to leave if anything bigger came our way.

Reply to
Jeepers

Why would you expect anything to change? The legislature passed the bill, and Davis signed it. If Arnie wants it repealed, we would have to get the legislature to pass a bill first, and that ain't gonna happen. It's like Howard Dean, wanting to finance everything by repealing Bush's tax cuts. How many democrats in the House are going to go along with that?

Reply to
Ken Finney

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Not unless they change the US Constitution.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hmmmm... the libbys usually ignore the constitution...

Reply to
Joe

Wouldn't that be a neat trick?

Man, the ignorance of the political process in this country is astounding at times...

Reply to
Tirya

From what I heard the bill will be reheard if Davis loses. But No matter which side you are on in the end politicians end up screwing us.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

I think once peopel get over Arnie being Gov'na they will probably vote in someone more realistic, although in Kalifornia, I wonder if there is such a person. :)

Reply to
Scooby Don't

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 9/30/03 17:06, Matt Macchiarolo uttered for posterity:

Perhaps we should nominate Joe Conforte for president. Charges a lot less to screw more people.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Why??

Reply to
jjp

Can't stand the climate or bugs in Houston (or, for that matter, most of the Gulf coast marshlands from Brownsville to Tampa) and the Metroplex has too damned many people. Latter is also a bit too expensive for my tastes. My valuation of most of the so-called cultural opportunities is also pretty low, even if the wife is a concert violinist.

Reply to
Will Honea

Same humidity levels... ;-)

Reply to
TJim

Yeah, but I like conservatives :-) Keep the facts out of my way!!

Reply to
Joe

re-read with a HUGE amount of sarcasm... "One term? Oh, you mean Arine will be using Kalyfornia as a stepping stone, like Ronny."

At least Bill got one bite!

Reply to
Joe