OT texas help

"Houston comes close to my definition of the armpit of the world" Are you confusing Houston with Newark, NJ?

Reply to
Joe

Houston is the armpit. Newark is the lower end of the butt crack.

Approximately 10/1/03 06:38, Joe uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Amen.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Ah! I tend to blank that period of my history as much as possible. The only thing I ever got out of NJ was ME - and a persistant sinus infection.

Reply to
Will Honea

Or maybe he's confusing Baytown/Channelview/Pasadena with Houston proper. Generalizing the east side industrial areas to all of Houston (which surprisingly a lot of outsiders do) is almost as bad as generalizing Newark or other industrial areas of coastal NJ in the NYC metro to all of Manhattan...

Reply to
jjp

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

When viewed from space, city limit signs are meaningless. The large metropolises look like cancer cells growing on the earth.

Reply to
Jeepers

Approximately 10/1/03 13:23, jjp uttered for posterity:

Actually kinda liked Houston, but then I usually hung around down on the south area and in the south suburbs. Great diversity of places to pig out...

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

It's in the shop at MooMesa Ranch at the top right:

Jeepers

Sorry - coming from the Chicago Metro area and reading those two statements about DFW (too many people and too expensive), I just had to laugh. =)

Tirya

-- TDC Inca Jeeper A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep.

Reply to
Tirya

I can understand that - spent a fair amount of time around Chicago when I was stationed in Madison, WI. You have to remember that my years in Texas were basically spent in an area west of a line from Del Rio -> Waco -> Abilene -> Amarillo. When I first saw "The Last Picture Show" all I could think of was: Hell - I grew up there!

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

You in Fort Ding-a-ling? Any pics?

Reply to
Peter Parker

I would have to agree with you there, however Newark is getting more and more high-line due to 9-11 and financial firms wanting to still be close to NYC but not in it.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

... still giving elusive answers... or rather no answers.

I've found that usually when people say they hate it, it's because they're either misinformed, exaggerating, or don't like large Sunbelt cities in general.

Reply to
jjp