When my windows are out & top up, the back portion of the top lifts off...

and it is a royal pain. Now that hot weather has arrived I like to keep the top up for shade and windows out for ventilation. But, the rear portion of my top - drivers side - slides off the rail due to ?? wind. I seem to remember this discussion before.

Has anybody found a fix short of getting a jamboree top or bikini (which I have).

Thanks,

Andy

2001 TJ
Reply to
Andy

twaldron

It's not and the top is in good shape. Has done it since I can remember. But I thought there was a thread about this problem awhile back.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
twaldron

I'll check, thanks!

Andy

2001 TJ Highly Built Now
Reply to
Andy

Reply to
Chad Fraker

You have to 'Really' watch out for those!!!

Same for running with the back windows out.

If you roll up the door windows, you 'Will' get carbon monoxide poisoned!

That just happened in a friend's TJ. His GF warned me he always falls asleep when driving. We went on a trip and sure enough, less than one hour and he is nodding off. I drove and I started not being able to keep my eyes open, then realized what that heavy feeling in my forehead was. CO gas.

I got all the windows open and the fan on and then was ok. My friend then woke right up too.

He just told me yesterday that the same thing happened when he tried to run with the windows only a quarter down because it was cold and he forgot the windows.

Mike

Chad Fraker wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It amases me how many people I've seen driving around with the back window rolled up, yet the rest of the windows are closed. Isn't there any mention of that problem in the owners manual?

Mike Roma> You have to 'Really' watch out for those!!!

Reply to
FrankW

There 'should' be.

Like the old station wagons even had stickers on the tailgate warning not to drive with the window open.

I got sort of caught too. I was thinking the TJ one might be different than my CJ one because the side windows come out too so there would be air flow.

I was wrong, it still fills the cab up with CO fast and deadly.

Mike

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike,

You are correct. One should not keep the hard door windows closed with the rear window out. If I have the windows out I mean the quarter and rear and my door windows are down/open. My issue is the rear portion of the top comes off the rail sometimes. I looked at everything and it is all tight. I just thought there was some talk about this problem some time ago. I know the guy that owns Clover Patch (Window Roll guy) - we wheel sometimes so I'll ask him if he heard of this. Maybe he can help. I'd like to take the top back there off the rail and I would have a jamboree top.

Andy

Reply to
Andy