alt.fans at Billing?

Cheers Simon, I'll get the map out tomorrow and psych myself up.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

The A47 is the way we go from Leicester. First went there with Bruce, when the band he played with at the time were booked at the Perkins Engines Working Mens Club. The road has improved a great deal since then and we were quite surprised at the change.

Reply to
Nikki

They get three phases of spots, just as one lot has finished errupting, the second lot starts and the same again for the third. As well as the calamine, if no one has mentioned it, a bath with bicarbonate of soda added to it is quite soothing.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:18:08 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

prolly a non-starter, there's summat else on that weekend.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Perhaps this is just the shove I needed to

Not as good as Billing though ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Cheers Nikki and Simon,

Just to add to the fun now I've got a very itchy rash on my shins. I had the pox as a kid so it's either some sort of heat rash (fingers crossed) otherwise shingles. :-( ....trouble is you instictiviely get itchy in smpathy with the little'un... no doubt time will tel. Fortunately I'm off work this week (especially to got to Billing) and little lads on his last few days at school (or was) so now were housebound for the foreseeable.

Fortunately I have plenty of sanding paper and body filler in, I'll also save a fortune by not running the 101 and Percy ontop of the aborted Billing trip...Infact I'm going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams :-)

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Just checked the NHS site and apparently you can't get Shingles from people with Pox but People with Shingles can pass on the Pox. Just thought it worthy of mention. I've no blisters so I must just have some heat rash :-) Phew!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I had Chicken Pox as a kid ...and again as an adult.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Do call by and say hello if you spot us. We'll probably be on the hard shoulder just north of J17....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

The three girls had it all together. Jessica was covered in blisters and every time I looked at her I wanted to cry. They had it a few years ago now, during a very warm spell one summer, so I kept the paddling pool full of luke warm water with a tub of bicarb added. I also gave them Medised rather than Calpol as it has an antihistamine in it. This will help with the urge to itch and also makes them sleepy.

Isaac had it last year when we were away on holiday. Got us a bit worried as he had fallen off the slide at the park and landed on his face. He was quite subdued afterwards and a very swollen nose and a bump on his forehead. Ended up taking him to Aberystwyth hospital to check him over, given the all clear, but told to keep an eye on him. Seen and sorted in 25 minutes, unlike our A&E in Leicester where I would have expected a minimum 3-4 hour wait and would probably have ended up with a 6 hour wait like last time. By tea time, I had a pretty good idea what was up with him as he had a pink looking rash starting on his back, and within a couple of hours these had developed in to blisters. His back was covered, but he seemed much better in himself once they had broken out.

I suppose I have been quite lucky with the weather when all of mine have had it as its been summer time, and warm enough to let them run around with no clothes on. which has helped with keeping their temperatures down, helped with the them drying up and healing too.

Reply to
Nikki

Its more painfull I believe than it is itchy.

Once they've had the third lot of blisters appear(about 5-7 days if I remember correctly) they are no longer infectious. Its one of those things that I wanted them to have and get out of the way as it isn't very nice to have chicken pox as an adult. My brother had it when he was 20 and he was off work for 4 weeks.

You'll be able to plan better what you want to spend it on then!

Reply to
Nikki

I thought it was when they had all crusted over. You'll have a bugger of a time stopping him picking the spots too, Sophie my youngest is gonna have some scars after picking most of hers.:wq

Reply to
Simon Barr

It's not as though it will be inconspicuous, or anything :-)

Reply to
QrizB

Can't remember exactly. Could be right. Jessica and Issac had them quite bad and ones in his hair were probably the nastiest. He has a couple of patches in his hair that hair no longer grows. Only notice it when he has a number 2 haircut! Jessica didn't really pick. Most of hers again, were in her hair and on her back.

-- Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series 3, 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki

I think (hope) it's actually creosote burns from when I painted the back fence 3 days ago in my shorts as you do,seemed like a good idea and saved on the washinf / pong. Normally I wouldn't have noticed it I guess....still just goes to show there I was with my factor 50 (ice cream impression) on and probably at more risk from the creosote...drat!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

:-)

Ooops.

Not vi, vim.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Going even more OT, my local paper had an article a couple of weeks ago telling that creosote is now illegal thanks to some euro law. Apparently the authorities are going to come down very hard on people found still using it.

Must do some googling to find out the truth about it.

Reply to
Simon Barr

I don't mind. I use a mixture of 1part creosote to 1part old engine oil rto 1/2part parrafin. I'll just swap the creosote for some namby-pamby approved substitute. It's not the creosote that does the main preserving

Alex

Reply to
Alex

This came up in a safety circular at work. Apparently, creosote has been removed from the list of chemicals that can be sold for consumer use, so it's had to be taken off the shelves at all the DIY multiples etc.

It's still permitted for "professional" use, AFAIK.

Reply to
QrizB

And doesn't do it wearing only shorts and trainers!

:-)

Still that one of my stock plied containers emptied 2 more to go...

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D