Best Rated threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TD5 clutch/flywheel problems...
Hi, This Friday I have decided to renew my clutch on my 2000 TD5 Defender, 100K miles, because the release bearing had started to make the wellknown 'wear'-noises and the clutch itself was a bit...
7
7

300 TDI alternator malfunction
Set off for 300 mile trip to Cornwall, start engine, ignition warning light dims but does not go out, then I notice that rev counter is not working. Hmmm. Turn headlights on, rev counter works. Turn...
8
8

Freelander td4 2006 radio removal
Hi, I bought a new Freelander TD4 sept 2006, I now want to fit a parrot 3200 handsfree kit. How do I remove the radio, the tell tale screws or "removal tool" holes can't be seen. I have hunted the...
2
2

T4 / Testbook Diagnostic CDs
looking for an old set of T4 / Testbook Diagnostic CDs please let me know Thanks Pat
9
9

R380 / LT230 gear/transfer box
I'm planning to exchange the old and tired LT95 gearbox of my RRC with a R380 (short stick 5 speed) with LT230 transfer box. The set I want to buy is still in a car , so I can make a test drive to...
5
5

Help - My engine has confused me ...
2 years ago I thought I'd bought a 200TDi Defender. The fan belt snapped the other day so I bought a replacement. Reading the Haynes manual the fan belt arrangement would appear to be off the 19J...
2
2

V8/35DLM8 Probs.
Hi, Fiddling about with my recently acquired 89 RR I realised the rotor arm was stuck on the distributor. In fact the the spindle was so rusty the rotor had also split. The mechanical advance/retard...
14
14

Clunk after bleeding brakes
Greetings all I've just driven the 84 110 V8 for the first time in a while after rebuilding both front hubs with new bushes seals etc. All was done as per the manual and she drives well now. The hub...
1
1

109 2.25 Diesel, air in fuel line.
Hello, I've had a running problem with my old SIII since I bought her. I've changed the lift pump, replaced the (numerious bits of rubber joined) fuel line from the tank to the engine bay with a...
7
7

Parts Fairey overdrive
Just dismantled two Fairey overdrive units. Wanted to install one of them on my RRC '81. Both units however have a bad laygear. Teeth have been damaged, so the laygear should be replaced. Cannot find...
16
16

Freeplay on front prop shaft
cheers for that, looks like a job for this weekend!
6
6

Disco 2 ABS braking system
The ABS braking system on my Disco II has stopped working. I had minor intermittent problems with the system (very occasional failure) before the recall. They fitted some spacer thingys to the ABS...

Isuzu or Daihatsu turbo Diesel?
Evening to all, Which would be better in a Range Rover Classic, i.e.:- fitting, power, parts ect turbo 2.8 litre Daihatsu diesel or turbo 2.8 litre Isuzu diesel ? Rich
19
19

96 Disco (US) remote "recalibration"
Hi all. Got the door handle ('96 Disco US with alarm, btw thanks for the part number Richard @ Beamends, saved me some $$) and installed it. Now trying to see if the remote provided with the vehicle...
1
1

Loctite equivalents?
Wotcher all, not strictly landy, but I have a need for "loctite 636" and/or "loctite 307", I don't know what they are but they appear to be metal glues or threadlock/nutlock. Does anyone know what...
23
23

FREELANDER REAR BRAKES STICKING
My 2001MY Freelander has a nastly little habit when parked with the handbrake on after heavy rain/pressure washing. The rear brake shoes appear to stick to the drums, and a little rocking backwards...
5
5

Range Rover Classic - no Spark
Hello Everyone, I have a 1989 Range Rover. I am getting no spark from the coil. I have gone through all the tests in the service manual and the book tells me it is either the coil or the plug wires,...
10
10

200tdi Miles per Tank
Evening What do other D90 200tdi owners expect for Miles Per Tank? My 90 has just done 250 on the 1st tank after the roll. It smokes a little white on starting from cold, and it smoke a bit of black...
8
8

Overdrive for LT95 (four speed V8 box)
I've seen a few ads on eBay for these, and I'm thinking of getting one as I keep looking for fifth in the 'box. Some questions: What's a fair price? (I know, about the length of a piece of string :) )...
6
6

Ping Richard, Badger et al: 110 rear crossmember
Found a hole yesterday where one shouldn't be. It's about 1/4 inch across at the bottom back edge where it's rust-blistered. It looks expensive, or at least troublesome. The MOT is due in September so...
9
9