dead RR V8 su carbs

hello all,

this am rr vogue '84 v8 su carbs died and just wouldn't start aa went through a tyre kicking, "must be flooded mate" routine and it is now sitting in my local mechanics yard. what we know: ignition on for a while, the nearside overflow pipe wees gas everywhere (suspect stuck float needle) and it still odesn't start.

any thoughts gatefully recieved by the wise newsgroup this is.

Reply to
Your name

Float stuck to bottom of carb? Had this before - doesn't happen to run on gas does it?

Encourages you to make sure the overflow pipes are routed correctly and not over hot things.... it will start and run eventually but V8's don't go very well on one SU carb!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod