Disco exhausts!

Well, managed to replace the full exhaust system on the disco tonight with a nice new one. Done on the deck, no jacks used (athough I do have a 2" lift) Took 30 minutes from start to finish, including removing the tape Paddocks had stuck all over the damn thing! Threading it over the axle was surprisingly easy too.....

Total cost to me £77

Cheapest quoted price from the usual exhaust places and local garages for the full system £182, and I would have had to place a deposit because it was "non returnable once ordered" Was laughed at in one national chain who fit items quickly when I said I could get the system myself for £77.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't have begrudged paying upto about £100 for the fitted system to save me scrabbling about under the damn thing, but an extra £105 quid is excessive for a half hour job, thats £210 per hour labour!!!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

If you want excessive check Richards price (Beamends) then try walking to ATS or similar and ask for a parts only price the buggers have you coming and going well worth the trip out to Leek for me and a decent quality ki to boot. Derek.

Reply to
Derek