NOTE October Unofficial CHANGE OF VENUE

and kerosin, fraid so

Reply to
Graham G

how much electric?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:29:58 +0100, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

well, as it happens...

I've just got hold of the 1930 "All Quiet on the Western Front". Shall I bring it?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:53:56 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

I've a floodlight-on-a-tripod and a long extension I could bung in.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:34:15 +0100, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

Did anyone have one of they potbellied-stove-with-a-chimney things?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Think I've seen it, seem to remember it being quite good...

Reply to
Graham G

Not sure, would think it would be minimal. Will try to find out.

Reply to
Graham G

I'd have thought "Ice Cold In Alex" may have been more appropriate :-)

Reply to
Mother

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Yes, its possible - she's ringing me with rates later today.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

No dog prob. They're welcome.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

There is another camp on in a different field to us at the same time, in their camping field. We are in the touring caravan field, but there aren't any there ATM. We should have a couple of hookups available from there, but just how much extension lead can we manage ? I might be able to cobble up a suitably heavy duty (low volt drop) cable for us, if I know its needed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Chiminea ? No.

I was intending to fabricate one of those thar' woodburners in a propane tank jobbies though, and I do have a firepit I fabricated too, though making that portable is probably a project in its own right.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor wrote: , and I do have a firepit I fabricated too, though

1/2 sheet of 3mm steel and lots of fun with a plasma cutter
Steve
Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:51:06 +0100, "Graham G" enlightened us thusly:

I take it you mean paraffin...:-)

how much does it need? I've got a bit, but I can no doubt get more.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bloody softies the lorraya...

Ask if they mind dogs in the caravans and whether they have showers in em too would ya...? :-)

Reply to
Mother

paraffin or heating fuel whichever.

Good question, depends really on how long its intended to run. Doesn't use much, I'm guessing really, 5 gal?? Does that sound right?

Reply to
Graham G

Is that just Friday night?

Reply to
Mother

You think more? Its not a really big one, about the size of a lawnmower I guess. TBH I have no idea what quantity it would need.

Reply to
Graham G

Kerosine (heating oil, parafin) etc has about 10kWhr/litre of energy in it. When your looking at the rating plate to see how much electricity it needs it'll probably tell you it's heat output as well. It might quote BTUs rather than kW/Hrs. Divide BTUs by 3412 to get kW/Hrs.

35,000 BTU is around 10kW so it should burn about 1l of kero per hour.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice