why i wish I still had a Land Rover

In article , beamendsltd writes

Then it's down to you... and me, to get involved and make sure they don't get away with it :)

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

In message , Tom Woods writes

Err 999

We can only work though EPU (Emergency Planning Unit or the police - Staffs police that is).

Reply to
hugh

No there's the A534(E) and the A534(W) then there's the A5020 AKA the new road back of the industrial estate, and the road to the Hospital which hasn't got a number.

Yes the Alsager road branches off the Haslington road, just off the roundabout. It's called the Alsager road cos nobody goes to Haslington, except the local Crewe yobs, but they've all got ASBOs now.

Reply to
hugh

Agreed. More often than not I'm left guessing which way to go in a strange town. The signage either uses place names that I don't know or East/West/North/South that doesn't help if you don't know where you are going in relation to where you are. They can't even get road numbers right, you'll follow the one you want for several junctions then it'll disapper...

Ah the Magic Roundabouts, Swindon has (had?) one as well. Basically one mini roundabout surrounded by five others. The most confusing part is the fact that the one in the middle you have to go around the "wrong" way. It's surprising how loud the subconcious "YOU SHOULD NOT BE GOING THAT WAY" alarm bells ring when you try it.

Then bung in a few sets of traffic lights and the odd shortcut across the middle for major routes and ooeee, nightmare for the stranger.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was joking :)

Got home in the end after doing a nice detour to my parents house where i got some tea and waited it out. Took my mates who live nearby

2.5-4.5 hours to get home. I'm never trusting the weather forcasters again. Might aswell just flip a coin in the morning and i'd have more chance of getting it right.
Reply to
Tom Woods

So you should be alright since you know all the numbers ;)

I have to go to haslington!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yo got my Number Tom ;)

You nearly got a call tonight Hugh, up to 100 vehicles trapped on A53 Blackbrook to Loggerheads road but we managed to get it going again, one of them was one of our Driving school cars who got an unplanned training scenario - Skid pan was supposed to be Wednesday. Bit of a common spot that, pretty high and very open.

I found staying in bed till 11.30am pretty useful as the Snow had took hold by the time I got up, can really recommend it :-).

Shifts, you gotta love 'em.

Reply to
Lee_D

It is still there! Have a look at

Cheers

Peter (Trowbridge)

Reply to
puffernutter

I only know the numbers because my wife wanted to drive to Sandbach one evening and I had to go out with her the night before when it was quiet and do several dummy runs through the roundabout until she got it right:(

Reply to
hugh

Yeah it is the kind of thing that requires practise. My grandparents refuse to drive round it. I went from haslington to leighton today and im sure that the lane i was in just changed destination half way round and i had to switch. Theres also one bit in the middle where theyve scrubbed the label off the road - presumably its now just a free for all in that lane!

Reply to
Tom Woods

And they don't come much freer than a Defender

Reply to
hugh