Citroen ZX

Not necessarily, if the shoe is slightly loose, the drum could be holding it in place when going forwards, but dragging it out of position when reversing and cause it to snag on the inside of the drum. I've never had anything to do with drum brakes on ZX's, so I can't visualise exactly how the shoes are held in place on those.

Reply to
Nick Read

Citroen went over to normal suspension on their smaller cars for a few years. Dunno about later models like the C3 though

-- MAlc

Reply to
Malc

Only the C5 has hydropneumatics.

Reply to
Ben Cowell

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Oh, I can't keep up with this modern stuff.

Reply to
Guy King

Possibly front calipers/pads, driveshafts or rear brakes.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Thought: The 306 incorporates passive rear wheel steering. Does the ZX have the same set up? If so it could be a worn bush or something?

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX