Petty police

Didn't read the thread before posting did I? Anyway, piss off! :-P

Reply to
Abo

Seconded!

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

My Saab only has a big orange light on the dash for the rear fogs. The FRONT fogs merely have a 'telltale' illumination in the switch which would be invisible in daylight.

I'd like to know what the offfence is. Rear fogs I can understand but FRONT ones ? Where's the harm in that ? Little different to daylight running lights AFAICS.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Result!

You should have used *your* brains and been more considerate in where you stopped.

Yes, quite few years ago now, so it's certainly nothing to do with new performance targets or any change in attitude of the police.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Smartarse

Reply to
Bazza

It is definitely against the law, but I do agree it's ridiculous. I've never been dazzled by front fog-lights. It's also arguable that they are simply auxiliary driving lights and not really fog-lights at all.

Reply to
Silk

Thanks.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I guess you must have just 'tapped' the switch. But it landed you in hot water. It's plumb loco! Shame, your driving record was stainless prior to this.

Reply to
Mark W

Nice neat install I hope.

Reply to
Mark W

Do you think you could tap an alternative reservoir of jokes?

Reply to
Brimstone

As long as it didn't overflow it would be tapped in.

Reply to
Brimstone

Precisely what I was thinking. Their very location and orientation means that they're very unlikely to cause dazzle during the daytime for sure.

The law's a serious arse here.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

My Sabb has a proper orange light on the dash the same way as for the rear ones.

I wish I could have punched every driver who was driving with their front fogs on on Monday evening. What with it tipping down with rain, it was hard enough to see the edge/middle of the road, as my route was mostly single carriageway A roads and less with no street lighting or kerbs, it was made doubly hard every time I was dazzled by plonkers with their front fogs on (and there were many). Despite the fact that front fogs are meant to be low down and illuminate just the road in front of the car, it doesn't seem to be the case in practice.

Reply to
Graculus

Well said!

I agree totally these front fog lights are little more than a fashion accessory that don't do a good job in fog (they were standard equipment on my 2001 mondeo) and when used at other times dazzle oncoming drivers

Reply to
Ralph Bayley

I have tonight on the M8 by someone approaching me in L2. They shone into my drivers side door mirror and into my face.

Reply to
Conor

You obviously have a different model to me.

Monday *evening* ? I was discussing whether front fogs posed a dazzle problem during daylight hours which I contend they don't.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I guess you don't do much driving on country lanes then.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

We were discussing DAYLIGHT use of them.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore (Eeyore ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I do.

And he's right.

Reply to
Adrian