Possible dodgy MOT, what to do?........

"Ask me another" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Adrian

Was I?

Reply to
Ask me another

You may use this site to obtain information about a test on a vehicle in which you have a legitimate interest. For example, you are the owner, ****registered keeper**** or are about to buy the vehicle.

At this moment in time, *I* am the registered keeper.

Reply to
Ask me another

Come on, be honest now. Was that really your concern, or were you just a bit pissed off that you'd sold it too cheap thinking it was going to be scrapped, only to see it turning a profit?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

"Ask me another" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I thought you said you'd sold the car to the trader?

Presumably, you completed the transfer-to-motor-trade sections of the V5C, with that date on, and handed it all over to him at that time?

If so, that's the point you ceased to be the registered keeper.

Sure, it might take a little time to get the V5 through the post and updated on Swansea's computers, but you'd not be happy if any speeding/ parking/etc tickets landed on your plate in that interim period, would you?

Reply to
Adrian

Can't see anywhere in his post where he said he was driving it

Reply to
Partac

"Partac" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

"Also, judging by the way it smelled for the last month, the emissions were in dire need of attention."

"I sold it without MOT (not a failure, didn't take it in as I knew it was going to need brake pads / discs / shoes / handbrake, emissions, part exhaust etc)."

Odd how it can have been "smelling" for the "last month" whilst not being used - and how the brake friction material can have worn to the point where the brakes are ineffective whilst not being used.

Reply to
Adrian

Hate to burst your bubble but the car was removed from use once I had checked it over a month before the MOT was due and decided not to bother.

Reply to
Ask me another

There's no real point in my answering that because you most likely won't believe my answer but for the record, I got more than scrap price and as I set the figure I was willing to accept, I don't have a problem with it.

Reply to
Ask me another

The brief answer is that if you're a trader then you have a finite amount of money to earn a return on, every day a car is unsellable you've no chance of seeing a return so you're always going to get a car fixed ASAP.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

"Ask me another" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Clearly, in the full expectation that the purchaser - who you knew to be in the motor trade - would fix and resell the car. Now you appear to be complaining that they've done precisely that.

Reply to
Adrian

Are you sure that wasn't just the result of eating curry?

Reply to
Culex (The Infamous Culex)

Yet you seemed quite happy to and you're assuming that it hasn't been repaired.

Reply to
Conor

You have no legitimate interest.

Reply to
Conor

No you're not.

Reply to
Conor

But surely that would be "two months ago" you noticed the smell and not "the last month"???

Reply to
Conor

I think "The Revd" and "Ask me Another" are the same person and trolling...

Reply to
Conor

I'd have thought any member of the public would have a legitimate interest if dodgy MOTs were being issued.

-- Maurice

Reply to
Maurice

Maurice gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Since when did vigilante justice extend to VOSA's standards enforcement?

Reply to
Adrian

As a matter of interest, how do you know it was issued with a new MoT?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL