Possible dodgy MOT, what to do?........

The only person that has been a point of contention to is you. Being intelligent, I took it as a given.

Reply to
Conor

If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you sneak into the used car lot one night and shove a potato up the car's exhaust?

Reply to
Culex (The Infamous Culex)

Luxury! We 'ad to work 26 hours a day, 11 days a week, on a bare 'alf 'andful of tepid gravel every other day if we could afford it and when we got back 'ome to our septic tank, our dad used to kill us and feed our bodies to t'neighbour's pigs!

Reply to
Culex (The Infamous Culex)

You had tepid gravel???? You were lucky.

Reply to
The Revd

Being intelligent is incompatible with being from Oop North. Your first 'sentence' makes no sense. It's not even English.

Reply to
The Revd

But the mot may be perfectly legal and the car in roadworthy condition and not been sold yet. Everything is pure surmise except that an mot has been issued.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I had similar. I traded a car against another. I knew that the old one would be shoved the next available auction as it=20 was a banger they offered me =A3300 against. If I had room to keep it for= =20 a few weeks I could have got about =A3500 for the sale or about a grand in= =20 parts, but I had neither time to strip nor storage room.

Within 2 days I had a letter from the company in Manchester that tows in=20 cars. They had my car, and if I wanted it back I would need to present=20 them with =A3350 fee. The tow in was requested by the police after a=20 chase, where it was offroaded and abandoned. Police never asked me about=20 the "theft" of the vehicle mind, or wether it was me who was being=20 chased. So, from old, but cared for banger, to auction fodder with a bit=20 of ticket left, to auction fodder and then probably get away car, in 2=20 days. Well, a Saab 9000 Aero can get a lot of stuff moved very quickly.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder