Tsunami Appeal

NB: If you're doing gift aid, you do need to provide your full address correctly

Reply to
barry

The message from Adrian contains these words:

It's not. What makes you think I think it is, or that I've reacted differently this time to any other time?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "barry" contains these words:

Or in my case the wife's 'cos I'm not a tax payer.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You may not have - but damn near every bugger else has. When did the last disaster appeal raise a billion quid globally?

Reply to
Adrian

Probably when Diana died and most of that went to keeping well paid folks well paid too and rich folks even richer. [slightly exagerated I know;-)] pete

Reply to
pete

pete ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I still reckon she was murdered by Interflora.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from pete contains these words:

Do you mind - that's the People's Strumpet you're talking about!

Reply to
Guy King

ROTFLMAO pete

Reply to
pete

Many peoples at that aparently;-) pete

Reply to
pete

It'd cost me zero then...... never done t'lottery.

Reply to
Chris Street

If you are a higher rate tax payer, you can give more; safe in the knowledge that you will get £18 additional higher rate allowance per £100 donated when it comes to completing your self-assessment - so instead of giving £100, make it up to £118 - it won't cost any more to you.

Reply to
OG

This is a message i have posted to a few other NG's i hope no one here minds.

So far had many PC's, hope to get many more, i think i will be struggling for the shipping costs although i have had some donations, still plenty of time..............

TSUNAMI DISASTER EDUCATION APPEAL.

I am organizing sending as many recycled PC's to the affected areas to replace the ones destroyed in the schools etc. This will help the long term goal of getting the villages and towns back to some sort of normality.

At the time of writing i am hoping to ship in around 4 months, so around early April 2005.

As well as PC's, software and I.T related equipment is needed, as well as funds to cover fuel & shipping costs to get the items to one location ready to have the software pre installed prior to surface shipping, i have local computer clubs ready to help do that, but i need help moving items that have been donated so far and for the many more i hope to get over the next 2 months.

I am getting local media coverage which is a start, and i hope this will help further but here's what i need at the moment.

Working PC's. Anything above 350-400 mhz would do, Monitors and spare parts, cables etc. Networking equipment and other I.T related hardware. Any around Sheffield / Yorkshire would make it easier to start off with which is where i am and the offers of help with hands on computer setup is at the moment.

Cash. So far i have had offers of help from a local van hire firm, but i need to cover fuel costs. Some people have offered good items, but i need to cover postage.

If a large amount of computers can be sourced further away then hopefully i can get cheap or discounted shipping, again which is why cash donations would be needed,

A 40 foot container looks like costing around £1800. That can hold a lot of items, but other small costs are involved in setting up the items and getting them shipped. I have had firm offers of people willing to take time off work to help set up the computers on arrival, but i need to cover airfare, food and accommodation for a couple of people to oversee the arrival and setting up on arrival with the help of locals.

Any amount of financial help is appreciated . This is a natural disaster that has affected the whole world, and this is about the only way i can give some positive help back for a change. These local towns and schools need to get back to a normal life as soon as possible.

At the moment i am getting locations and the local language spoken information for where the items are to be sent, but i need to get the ball rolling NOW. I know this time of year many people do not have a lot of spare cash, or have given already, i know thats the same for me, so anything at all you can donate is taken with many thanks.

I can be contacted on.

(Sheffield) 0114 - 261 8314 Mobile -.07887973224 email - snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Donations can be sent to

Julian Hales

11 Lilac Road Wincobank Sheffield S5 6FU

Please inc a email or Tel No. so i can confirm receipt of payment.

What ever you can afford to give, no matter how small, or any other help is received with much thanks.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:%v2Cd.42$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

readers, I would stick to the KNOWN organisations..........

boy

Reply to
Boy

In message , Adrian writes

Because it's a natural disaster, and the only solution is massive international aid. The three instances you mention could be solved if people stopped killing other people and/or stealing the money their countries should be using to solve poverty.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

In news:Xns95D27FE9D658Aadrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Go Interflora :-D

Reply to
Pete M

Peter Twydell ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, well, that's OK, then.

If we kill 'em and destroy their countries deliberately, we don't need to pay.

But if planet earth's responsible, time to empty the pockets.

Reply to
Adrian

It isn't us killing them, it's their own people. Tribe against tribe, Rebels against government forces.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

krystnors ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I meant "we" as in mankind. We could sort it out if we wanted to. Instead, we'd rather spend a very large fortune on destabilising other areas.

Reply to
Adrian

No, no, no - you don't understand. We like it when these little brown fellows take a liking to brutally killing each other. It means we have more opportunities to sell them weapons, you see. Nice little earner, that's been - over the years.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

says the man in Kuwait....

Reply to