Tyres!

Why do you need to do this regularly?

So you don't have any sense of feedback from your car? Why am I not allowed to say that tyre grip is very good, whereas other posters are allowed to say this? Your post doesn't make any sense.

Reply to
johannes

In message , johannes writes

Quite. There isn't a tyre made with sufficient grip for a boy racer.

Reply to
Gordon H

sigh.........

Provided you never need the better grip that a good tyre can give then you will be perfectly alright, but when the day comes and that 3 year old has run in front of you, that is when you find out if the tyres are worth having.

If you drive around gently then you will never discover quite what the limits are for your vehicle/tyres. Good tyres are independently assessed as having greater grip levels than cheapo tyres, so unless you can point to independent qualified testing of your cheap tyres then your claim that they have good grip has no substance to it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

But that works both ways; I haven't seen any evidence form you guys that my tyres have worse grip. But let's go through the argument for argument's sake:

Suppose my car sops at 35m whereas your car stops at 30m. Not entirely unrealistic from what I can remember from the swamp of my grey matter.

But it is very hypothetical that you would need those exact limits or that those exact limits would help you. Suppose that you needed 25m to avoid an accident, then we would be equal. Suppose you needed 40m to avoid an accident, then again we would equal. That's life as it is. If you needed 25m meter to avoid the accident, then why didn't you get

25m tyres? Why not 20m?, 15m? Comprende?
Reply to
johannes

No, if the stopping distance is better then even if you do hit something, then you will hit at a lower speed and have less damage/injury.

Get the best tyres you can, it is a good investment.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[..too many lines for the ng server...]

You didn't understand my argument. Oh well, I tried.. There is never a best tyre!

Reply to
johannes
[...]

I think we would all agree you are very trying...

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Clearly what was meant was the best tyre available at the time for your particular vehicle.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

you have not understood my reply, if I have to hit something then I want the impact to be as low as possible, the better the grip, the lower the speed.

The best tyres that you can, what is hard to understand about that?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

That is sensible advice, but deliberately "driving close to the limit" on public roads is an accident waiting to happen.

"Fun driving" should be confined to track days, or closed roads.

Reply to
Gordon H

You are trying to justify that you have spent more money for purchasing an almost similar product that does the same job. This is a well know reaction.

Reply to
johannes

Quite. And on some modern cars, you will never sensible get close to the limit anyway, unless on a track. Clarkson & mates use unused airfields for their antics.

Reply to
johannes
[...]

WTF? I was trying to clarify to you an already clear post from Mr C that you seemed unable to grasp. I wasn't trying to "justify" anything!

The key in your statement is "almost". Crap tyres are round, black, support the car, and have poor grip. Decent tyres are round, black, support the car, and have better grip. So "almost", but failing in the most important aspect.

To what, and by whom?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Actually, it's the opposite reason.

The people who shout loudest are usually those who've bought some cheap piece of shit and are desperate to convince everyone that it's almost as good as the decent alternative.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, you can quite easily exceed the limits of a modern car if you're running on Sunny NoGrips.

Reply to
SteveH

"?Optimum balance between extreme performance, comfort, low noise, and outstanding wet grip. ?Superb road holding and maximum speed of response in any condition of high speed driving, and full range rim protector available. "

Reply to
johannes

What a surprise - a company selling said teflon special making claims which cannot be proven about them...

Find me an independent test which shows they're even half as good as the manufacturer claims!

Reply to
SteveH

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:33:44 +0100, SteveH wrote:=

He missed out "Elegant directional pattern, with ultra low profile desig= n =

for cars with top speeds exceeding rate, and produced in technical serie= s =

55-35 and above 16"."

I'd love to know what top speds exceeding rate means?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Wife went and got some budget tyres on her car the other day.

Anyone know anything about Jinju 91V tyres at all?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Do you have life insurance in place

Reply to
steve robinson

Do the 'van' check will you. I walked around in my neighbourhood and looked at the tyre inscriptions. Easy to see that they prefer budget tyres.

Reply to
johannes