what car to buy?

BM ( snipped-for-privacy@bnota.tk.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

He's a 'merkin. They have "high speed police chases" that hit the "heady heights" of 70mph+ featured on tv, remember. It's only a few years since they could legally drive at ONE WHOLE MILE PER MINUTE...

I think it's something to do with all their home-grown cars being lardy, wobbly obese things.

No, wait, that's most of the people. Well, the ones that haven't all been plastic-surgeried to hell and back.

That's OK, Alex. We don't expect you to be able to operate a basic calculator. Oh, and we use miles, too.

Phew. What better reason do you need to buy an SUV? If only every vehicle was like that, eh?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "Nik&Andy" contains these words:

Don't worry - we won't. There's an election soon.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL - It's which way to vote though? They are all shit! I may vote Green Party...

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

With the viable alternative being...?

Reply to
Adrian

But nobody the choose from...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

In news:Xns96219BA7DDDE3adrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'd love to have the option of voting for someone with a decent manifesto.

Something along the lines of "no tax on alcohol, cigs or petrol. Tax on diesel to be quadrupled, road tax on diesels tripled, speed bumps and scameras removed", but that isn't an option, so I'm going to vote for Howard because he's the less shiny of the two.

Reply to
Pete M

Were you once run over by a diesel by any chance?

Mined ewe, I must admit that a 130hp diesel is a bit puny compared to a proper claggy 2500hp Sulzer diesel lump, or even two of the beasts, but I'll have to put a different anorak on for that.

He actually said something I agreed with last week! (On the time limit for abortion being reduced, at the risk of going wildly off-topic). Better start writing letters to the Daily Mail...

Reply to
Carl Bowman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Carl Bowman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, no. I just can't abide the owners of 'em. Cheapskate, penny pinching misers the lot of 'em.

He's getting rather good at that, and I think it'll be utterly criminal if Tony B Liar gets in again.

Reply to
Pete M

In message , Pete M writes

I'm waiting for my door to be knocked on; "I'm early 30s, married, no kids, no intention of having kids, paying the higher rate of tax on a fair chunk of my income. On transport, I just want you to leave me alone and stop trying to make it harder for me to use my car. What have your MPs done for me lately?"

That's only because he'd due to moult. They're much more shiny after shedding their skins.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Pete M writes

Ahem. One of our cars is a diesel, the other has a real engine.

Reply to
Steve Walker

The message from Adrian contains these words:

A party which didn't support the war.

Reply to
Guy King

If they shot *you* between the eyes the bullet would still miss your brain by 3 feet. Noam Chomsky for president !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Brains?! How can you say that, look at your leader for a start. A bloody monkey could do a better job.

Reply to
Danny Jones

Agreed..... - Point being?

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hmm, no. I suggest you take a holiday, sorry vacation *outside* the great old USofA and try and grasp the fact that there are other countries in the world not *just* America. I have watched CNN and the like and it is almost like watching propaganda its so biased twords its owners political inclination .

And how the hell could you guys re-elect that complete moron dubya bush who cannot even form an articulate sentence let alone run a country!!

Having said that, im sure we will re-elect the lying bastard Blair in May. I suppose stupidity respects no borders!!

Reply to
Matt F

This probably isn't the best NG to ask that question as we're all (that I know of) in the UK so what's available over here is likely to be very different from your area. And as you've no doubt realised, Yank bashing for whatever reason shows no signs of going away. I would suggest you do a Google search for US specific newsgroups and see if you can get a few more sensible answers there...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

It is fine with me. As you may suspect I'm kind of enjoying it.... deep down. I don't regret that I came. My intentions, however, were naive and sincere. I know some won't believe it but it is true. Also I won't stick around for long. Grasp the moment!

Reply to
ALEXB

In news: snipped-for-privacy@otolith.demon.co.uk, Steve Walker decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Is the one motivated by Dr Diesels Evil Invention a large 4x4 used for pulling heavy loads? [1]

If it isn't, then I stand by my above statement regarding Diesels and their drivers.

[1] Although I'd still choose the petrol over the Derv "powered" one.
Reply to
Pete M

ALEXB ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So was daddy, and so was Ronnie.

Reply to
Adrian

Awww, please stay, I was enjoying it.... :)

It's the most fun we have had on this newsgroup since that last big petrol'V'Diesel debate.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy