what car to buy?

ALEXB ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I was thinking more of his driving record etc...

Reply to
Adrian

Now I know he is a troll, cos he hasn't bothered replying to one sensible suggestion made on here about 'cars' - The whole reason for this in the first place.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

A stupid man he may be ( he is a politician), but the art of lying is to remember what you said to whom, when you said it, in what context it was, and a myriad of other things - and this is where the line between lyer and politician blurs

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

The Dems campaign was built on a

What is it about Vietnam that still matters to Americans?

It was a bad decision to go in, you got your arse wooped whilst there, and looked fools on leaving - but you still view it as one of the great parts of American history.

(And at every election it rears it's ugly head)

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think it's a higher proportion than that - but certainly FAR lower than most other countries. Yep, about 18%

What's scary is the implication that the ones we get over here are the most internationally aware...

Reply to
Adrian

I mentioned this elsewhere - one reason merkins don't travel outside their own borders so much is they don't need to - there's an huge range of stuff within. For example, a trip to some beaches is may Brit's idea of a foreign holiday, and a trip to Florida or California covers that pretty well. Of course that does lead to the unfortunate insularity tendencies we've seen exhibited here...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

The message from Adrian contains these words:

That high? Last time I looked it was around 5%.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

But they /do/ need to - they're exposed to a monoculture, it's just the scenery that changes. That's why they can't understand that we don't want their culture and customs plasters all over us as well.

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed - covered in the bit you snipped.

However comparing on the basis of passport ownership isn't entirely fair. Consider for example the planeloads descending on the various holiday resorts in the Med - any local culture at a lot of them has been hidden pretty well, leaving a beach and bar combo which could be pretty much anywhere. But you still need a passport to get there.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

The message from "Clive George" contains these words:

Yup, that's equally galling. I was talking to my 90 year old aunt yesterday and she reckoned that when she used to travel in the fifties was the time to do it. Almost none of the resorts were developed - a week in Spain meant a week staying in a Spanish hotel in a Spanish town with Spanish people all round you. She went to Moscow in 1968, which she described as "more an experience than a holiday".

Reply to
Guy King