FS: 1990 Miata

Hi Guys, I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her black cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition. She was repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded paint / oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and poly bushings all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and tranny were rebuilt approximately 7,200 miles ago. She's quick and VERY dependable.

But I have a '01 LS and a new 2007 PRHT and very limited driveway space - So Lil Red's gotta go.

She's located in SW Louisiana

I'm asking $3,500.00 and I'm open to REASONABLE offers.

Unmunge email addy if interested in pics.

Thanks, Karl

Reply to
Karl North

Hi Guys, I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her black cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition. She was repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded paint / oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and poly bushings all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and tranny were rebuilt approximately 7,200 miles ago.

She's quick and VERY dependable; however, I also have a '01 LS, a new '07 PRHT, and very limited driveway space - So Lil Red's gotta go.

She's located in SW Louisiana

Here are pictures:

- Large Pic - @1.2MB I'm asking $3,500.00 and I'm open to REASONABLE offers.

Unmunge email addy if interested in pics.

Thanks, Karl

Reply to
Karl North

Does it have the entire bushing kit? That looks very nice, someone is going to get a good deal, I would think that the bushings, (installed), and the paint job add up to a decent percentage of your asking price.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Pat, I'm not sure about the bushing kit. It really helped the front end and cornering. The same shop that did the engine and tranny also did the tires / rims, struts, bushing etc all at the same time. It was an expensive package. I think I have well over 14k into the car, paint, upgrades, etc. :-(

She's a great car and was worth every penny.

-KN

Reply to
Karl North

It is probably the entire kit, expensive to start with and very time-consuming and tedious to install if you don't have the tools and experience. It is easy to tell if look at your A-arms and see if the bushings are a different color than black.

How many miles, (the rebuilt engine and tranny don't hurt either), and does it have cold A/C?

You are not that far away from me and this looks interesting. This is why I am not fixing the Silverstone, I could probably buy your miata for the cost to get the Silver one running and looking decent again, then part out the silver one for about $2K. I don't expect your's to be for sale for very long. Do you have it advertised on Craigslist?

Pat

Reply to
pws

They are red?

The chassis has @140k miles on it.

No, I will not advertise it on there. I normally get 50 Nigerian scam offers a day when I list something on craigslist. It's not worth the headache of weeding through the extra spam mail.

Thanks for replying, Karl

Reply to
Karl North

Definitely aftermarket, the stock bushings are black. It sounds like at least your entire front end was done, I think that the bushing kit that FM sells for $360.00+ has something like 50+ bushings in it. That is the kit on my car, they are blue/purple but I imagine that what you have are similar, they are both poly.

That is about 10K less than my '91 model. It sounds like the car could go another 100K or more with no major problems since you have rebuilt the drive line. Maybe the rear end will go out, but that would just be an excuse to install a torsen replacement.

I use a separate yahoo account only for Craigslist sales. I have also had a number of scam offers, but the main problem has been no-shows.

Still, I have bought and sold, (sometimes resold), a large number of items on there and a family member used it to sell their miata without any problems.

I do agree, however, that it can be a PITA, but the dollar price to advertise is hard to beat, for now, until they add the inevitable fee. The mental cost can be a bit higher.

How about the A/C? That is my main reason for wanting another car. I just about died from heatstroke last summer in my current miata, it was brutally hot.

I might be checking within you later this week to see if you still have it. If you happen to sell it, could you please post that here or send me an e-mail so that I won't have to think about it anymore? :-)

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Actually, I might check with you, not within you. Don't worry, I won't slice you open to see what you had for lunch that day. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Pat, The AC works great. Sorry I missed that entry in my last post. I think the compressor was changed when they did the engine but I'm not 100% sure. I do know they had to evacuate & recharge the system. That was a pretty penny.

And as for lunch - T-Bone Steak, Loaded Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob, and a bottle of AmberBach.

Mmmm yes, it was a very "manly" meal. now I just want a nap.

-Karl

Reply to
Karl North

Heh-heh, is this e-mail address good for private contact after I take out the "NOSPAM"?

Also, I noticed your e-mail is "gun-guy". You wouldn't be interested in a H&K Benelli M1 Super 90 as a partial trade, would you? :-)

Thanks Karl,

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hi, Karl. I will buy your Miata for the price you have stated. I currently live in Ghana* and have made arrangements to ship the car there. My agent in the US will come to your house with the auto transport to pick up the car and bring you a cashiers check for $3,800,000.00 US dollars which you may deposit in your bank and send me a cashiers check for the difference of $3,796,500.00.

Thank You, Col. Umbota M'balo

*You can see this is a legitimate offer because I am not in Nigeria nor am I Nigerian!
Reply to
XS11E

Hi Col. M'balo,

I have $5K burning a hole in my pocket if you need it to free up a dead relative's lottery winnings. Just give me an address or I can send it to your banking account, I'll just give you the numbers you need to make the transfer.....

If you need more than $5,000, let me know and I will work on it.

Pat

Reply to
pws

No, but I do have a limited quantity of a wonderful penis enlargement product......

Reply to
XS11E

Will it work on my "TAK" to make it "HUGE"?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Unfortunately that depends on the original size so you may be disappointed but not nearly as disappointed as she will be.

Reply to
XS11E

Pat, Yes that address is valid if you remove the NOSPAM and I was interested I realized it was a shotgun. My other half says if I bring home another shotgun she'll use it on me. :-) And since she shoots as good if not better than I do... yeah I'll pass. :-)

-Karl

Reply to
Karl North

No shotguns, eh? How about either a Glock 19 or my baby, a Para Ordnance P-13 that has been heavily customized exclusively by Alan R. Tillman, a true master gunsmith with 1911 style autos. It cost about $700.00 new, has had over $2000.00 in modifications and tuning, so I should be able to sell it for about $500.00. They are much like miatas as far as not recouping money on upgrades.

Just kidding on the Para, though I may sell the Benelli to get quick funds. I will be in contact this evening, and I may arrange a time to come see the car if you still have it next week. Maybe even a deposit to hold it for a short while if that will work for you, I still need to verify a few things on this end, but I am interested and it looks like you are probably 5 to 6 hours away.

Talk to you soon,

Pat

Reply to
pws