Lexus LS400? Luxury everyday or money pit waiting to happen?

No, you've been confusing quick, good handling cars with a Passat 1.8T ever since you bought one. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Now you're getting it. Buy the LS400 and take solace in the fact that you're giving all the people in here with nothing better to do, something else to moan about :-)

Reply to
Iridium

That one actually made me laugh out loud. Well played.

Reply to
Iridium

And the, well, rather optimistic figure been quoted for the Passat ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

You say that as if you'd know the difference yourself......

Reply to
SteveH

And what would you know, Mr. Girlie shopping trolley?

Reply to
SteveH

Now you're mistaking "never having owned" with "not being able to tell the difference".

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well I'm not blinkered enough to assume that 'because I own it it must be best' - so, probably loads more than you Mr. "The best car ever changes depending on what I own - and everything I haven't tried must be shit". Also, you rate cars on the cup holders...

:-)

Reply to
Iridium

That's good because obviously, my car is the best car ever anyway.

Reply to
Iridium

Post corrected.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, dude you've got NOTHING here - you owned and paid your own money for a Cinquento Sporting :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Yes, and?

That was a brilliant little thing - especially once I'd lowered it, stuck a strut brace on and a DTM exhaust and K&N. (20% across the range, you know....)

I'd have another if it suited my requirements or had room for a track toy.

Reply to
SteveH

So, it's OK for you to own a girlie shopping trolley, but I'm to be mocked for it? That's not really fair...

Nah a Cinq would be better suited to seriously twisty stuff - like the Nav rallies Carl does or something I reckon. Most tracks have far too many fast bends and straights that would hurt the fun of the Cinq really (for the record I quite like Cinq Sportings as it happens for some odd reason heh). But down a really tight country lane, with a pod of lights on the bonnet, in a lowered/stiffened one would be a right giggle.

Reply to
Iridium

Shouldn't the 75 be heading that way, what with it not being your normal use car any more?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

It is heading that way, but you can never have too many toys.

Reply to
SteveH

I've seen them on an M plate... they *may* have been produced a bit earlier.

Rule of thumb as I understand it, is if it's got the air intake slits in the offside front wing, it's one of the newer diesels.

I believe they did a new and improved E250TD at the same time.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I'll see what the job brings if/when it starts. that Alfa 75 Steve just posted does look rather tasty. Shame it isn't a V6.

Reply to
Elder

Is it a turbo Yes, no, or Not enough of one to win a reace/argument/discussion on usenet.

Reply to
Elder

SteveH in modifying shock horror admission. He could have bought a Punto for that much and retained the value etc, etc, etc.

Reply to
Elder

Feck off.

It looked 'just right' once it had been hit with the lowering stick.

Reply to
SteveH