Lexus LS400? Luxury everyday or money pit waiting to happen?

Likewise. Estelle, well known as a rally weapon without a =A33billion per car=20 budget. Favorit, the FWD evolution of the engine and ethos although I didn't=20 find it as entertaining. Saab 1. rare B plate 16v flatnose. Only the press test A plates were=20 older and mine was an 84 rather than 85 B GT4. because it wasn't a Scooby/Evo Because I like my motorsport=20 connected cars and hadn't tried 4wd. Saab Convertable. A good job at looking cool even though it was a=20 slightly rough example. Still never paid over the odds for it, but I did=20 sell at the wrong time as I just wanted "shut" of it.

The Octie is the boring car. I can't believe that a modern car can be so=20 skittish yet woolley and soggy yet harsh while still proving to have=20 "good" shocks in a bounce test.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Robert Johnson-Honeymoon Blues

Reply to
Elder

Don't you dare, at best it is an Opel with a Jap engine, at worst it is a European Cadillac.

Reply to
Elder

Ooooh, touchy tonight ;-)

Reply to
SteveH
[...]

#include sporad_rec.h

Any V8 luxo-barge is capable of generating hyadge billing events, but only if you're careless and/or unlucky.

The thing to remember is that the reason they're cheap is that supply vastly exceeds demand, so shop around for a good 'un with clean fluids and no clunks.

I think W126s are best regarded as pet cars these days - they deserve new paint and shiny wheels - but there are plenty usable LS 400s, or better A8s and better yet E38 7[28,40]is out there.

All offer huge luxury, the E38 is nimble and 728is are not even too juicy - no V8 rumble though...

Alistair J Murray

And where the devil have you been Al?

Reply to
Iridium

;)

Reply to
Elder

Yes, the 728i is surprisingly affordable with fuel. The owner I know reckons it isn't the fuel that kills, it's the combination of insurance and the odd little thing that needs to be fixed.

I remember reading that the 728i feels a little underpowered. I guess from the perspective of most similar luxury cars, it might, but stepping from an ordinary car it feels absolutely fine.

Reply to
DervMan

So you say, but you didn't drive this Cinq with that particular set up, you drove *your* Cinq with your own set up. The two were very much different.

Get over it. Accept a difference.

We disagree again.

But, meh, you called the Cinquecento Sporting "an over-steering beast," which is funny.

Reply to
DervMan