(ot) FAO ADSL users.

If you want to contact me my number is on my website,

I would welcome your solicitor papers,

Reply to
Ronny

Not me, I'm on cable.

Probably between 0 and 4 GB a day, or maybe 10 GB a month as an average.

See below.

I would think my ISP had offered a service that they then found they could not deliver.

It's easily done by assuming traffic figures from "experienced" advisors were to be relied on, i.e. those based on what they were using when the modems were charging them per minute.

It's easy to throttle and this can be based on all sorts of parameters, only the heavy users would be able to tell their bandwidth was cutting back.

Don't make it public, just throttle the heavy users and leave it fast for the rest of the punters.

Reply to
Questions

Get yourself down to

in London, and take a look around. They certainly don't have a "massive oversupply" of bandwidth !!They have to continually upgrade their kit/lines to keep up with the UK's sharply rising consumption - at peak times, there's isn't a great deal of spare capacity (if any !).

Reply to
Nom

Eh ?

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that 99.9999% of folks who use loony-loads of bandwidth in their homes, are using it for copyright-infringement.

Surely you can see that ?

Granted, there ARE legal uses for bandwidth, and you may well be choosing one of them. But that doesn't change the fact that just about EVERYONE else is not !

Reply to
Nom

Steve Firth has a LEGENDARY reputation :)

Reply to
Nom

Eh ?

You're going to serve papers on him, becuase he posted the results of a search ?

Um ?

Reply to
Nom

No it's not - cos PlusNet specifically say in their T&Cs that you must not use the service for anything not above board !

11.1 You must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no one (including you) uses the Service: (a) fraudulently or in connection with a criminal offence; (b) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights;

Irrelevent of the *amount* of data you transfer - if it's dodgy, then you're breaching your terms of service :)

Reply to
Nom

Read his posts again !

Ronny is saying that they will (rightly so, in the VAST majority of cases !) alledge fraudulent use is being made, IF things managed to get to court. A get-out clause, if you will.

Cos they're a good ISP !

They don't deserve a load of shit, just cos 250 of their customers (from a total of 80K) are hogging all their capacity !

And they still can ! PlusNet haven't capped them !

Cos it's a public newsgroup, and he can do whatever he likes !

Reply to
Nom

You are only making yourself look stupid by posting like this.

"don't need no evidence"

Do your knuckles rub along the ground when you walk ?

(grunt once for yes, twice for no)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

business

their

don't

bleh.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

ffs, learn to type and spell.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Hardlines :(

Getting the 2mbit trial from Pipex (unlimited btw) real soon (waiting on BT presently).

It is more expensive than the Plus.net offering - however, I never heard of Pipex ever capping anything or limiting connections in any way.

You get what you pay for in the end.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Idiot. I am with Pipex.

They have removed the unlimited text from their site.

To quote your previous posting...

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I concur.

Mind you, he IS an IT Manager (oh wow.. must bow down) so he knows what he is saying innit (heh)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Wait until you become less profitable...

Look in a mirror...

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

THEIR

Plusnet initiated all of this by starting a massive landgrab.

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Especially at Plus.net

ho-ho-ho.

Reply to
Carl Smith

Lol nom it's like talking to a brick wall, people will always have this attitude "I can so I will"

Reply to
Ronny