OT: Message from Dan

Oulton Park suits me perfectly ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

Viano / Traveliner is the mid size van of choice, depends on budget but the newer RWD ones are a hoot, especially with a bit of brabus treatment.

Tim S Kemp

Simples.

I'll be at Croft. I'll be going to any of the others if it is assured that Dervy, SteveH and Conor will all be there so we can watch.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:39:12 +0100, Pete M spouted forth:

Yep, and me :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Fairy snuff. There was some things coming through the pipeline for training.

Reply to
Conor

I did think of those, tbh.

Good enough to take on trackdays, as well as useful for work etc.

But not quite van like enough for what I need.

I've been in a T5 saloon before - the engine sounds gorgeous and they're bloody quick.

Reply to
JackH

Which one, the red one or that flame covered bag o s**te?

Shall we say that the flame covered bag o s**te is currently on some website for sale (pistonheads?) and he's making a fair loss.

Reply to
Conor

I have to be honest...

I'm not too fussed about performance with whatever I end up with.

It'll primarily be a tool for work, and that's it.

Reply to
JackH

One could be considered a mistake.

Two is careless.

More than 2, however.....

Reply to
SteveH

A trackday then. ;-)

"And it's a s**te old heap from Dagenham leading from a s**te old heap from Italy, followed by a s**te (but not so old) heap from Scandinavia that appears to have had engine trouble the whole race, given how much its lagging behind and how it would appear the driver is trying to avoid revving the engine above 2k.

Anything could happen at this stage though, not least because the sun has come out and the driver of the s**te old heap from Dagenham appears to be having trouble seeing where they're going, due them only getting some respite from the glare from the medallion round neck whenever the huge chip on their shoulder managed to block its line of sight with the sun..."

Reply to
JackH

3rd now.

Which I wish I'd never sold.

Which I wish I'd never bought but managed to pass on to a "dealer".

Yup.

Taken a week last Sunday when some of us met up to go on a run for a photoshoot for Classic Ford.

Under the hood.

Before engine bay was fitted out:

Complete with full engine bay.

Still got a fair bit of detailing to do under there though. Cam and cambelt covers need powdercoating and inlet manifold could do with a polish up.

Reply to
Conor

Ahem, there could be /two/ not so ancient Scandinavian heaps...

Reply to
Pete M

Indeed it is. The classic ford mags I buy follow the series.

Reply to
Conor

Yes but I dunno about you, but I wasn't planning on running in the 'novice' group.

;-)

Reply to
JackH

Or just put a decent engine in there, rather than an asthmatic old boat anchor.

Reply to
SteveH

I've got Classic Ford show at Santa Pod on 31st May..

Reply to
Conor

I take it the racing isn't quite as 'bump and grind' orientated as BTCC.

For once, I'd say it would be a shame if it was looking at some of the cars that run in that series.

Hummm... I actually like the look of that, but tomorrow is too short notice for me.

Given we're all into our s**te old cars, maybe we could have a meet at one of those meets at some stage.

Reply to
JackH

So, we'd have the 2nd Scandanavian heap leading away from the grid, until we get to the first bend at which point it understeers into the car park....

Reply to
SteveH

That's me condemned.

Lemme think. I've had six Mk3s and a Mk2.

I still want either a 3000E Mk1, a 2600RS or a 3.0 GT XLR.

(Although I may have just bought a Porsche 928....)

Reply to
Pete M

I was watching a programme on ITV4 this afternoon about crashes in BTCC.

I think it was Snetterton where one race there was a fully matured field of corn... and the cars were disappearing off into it when they overshot the bend. :-D

Brilliant programme - plenty of footage of what happens when the red mist comes right down.

Did I mention I love BTCC? ;-)

Reply to
JackH