Reply to
Conor

Wrong part of Yorkshire.

Reply to
Conor

Good point well made.

Reply to
Conor

Kind of ironic that the only one fitted with engine telemetry recording is the only one that's never gonna need it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Indeed, in Conor's part it'd be...

"th'whippets need walking, and th'wife gets a bit mardy" etc.

The only difference between Yorkshire and Lancashire is the T' vs Th'.

Well, that and Yorkshires eternal jealousy of Lancs. ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's OK, it'll be full of idiots who think a capri is a classic, skip that and come to Oulton.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

155bhp.

Not mine.

Reply to
SteveH

It's bad enough to draw breath when you see some of the stuff.

Conor

A very good point. Interestingly the grid line up for the Clio cup a couple of years ago was so large that there was a knockout qualifying round, and not all cars started every race - except at Snetterton, where chaos ensued.

I've stood at redgate, donnington, and watched a Clio coming roof first towards the fence...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Predictably, I'll point to this one, and say that that would have been a cracking buy:

AstraVanMann

Tis a lot of car for not much money, that.

Reply to
Pete M

You do know that small block Ford V8s fit straght in there dont you?

Reply to
Burgerman

It really sucks that such a nice person get's the shitty end of the stick. It's a reminder to everyone not to put off your dreams for too long, you may not get a second chance :-(

Homer

That's a fantastic bit of kit. I'm loving my Audi at the moment.

If only it had.

A) a grunty V6

or

B) a grunty TDI.

Being me though I had to end up with the most gutless car from the range. Still, I've seen enough that I would get another in an instant and make sure it had the right engine this time.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh - those early shape A6 Quattros are fantastic, and the TDI Quattro Avants are literally rare as rocking horse shit - I went and looked at one once and when he bought the car, a mate of the seller actually gave him some novelty rocking horse shit. Feel slightly slower than the FWD versions (as you'd expect, and aren't a ball of fire, but still go some, and are chippable to a good 170bhp or so very easily).

Just thinking - you bought that Golf on finance and handed it back via means of a VT, right? 'Cos I just remembered - you put the LPG kit on it yourself, didn't you? Did you take it off and keep it, and if so, surely this A4 would be a prime target for such stuff?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

We've progressed from those gutless lumps.

Nowadays it's either Vauxhall XE , Zetec, YB Turbo or 24V V6 Cosworth. Whilst the Zetec is a gutless wonder in a Mondeo and the XE likewise in the Ashtray, once you remove the emissions gubbins and stick a set of Weber 45's or some throttle bodies on, they go like stink.

Reply to
Conor

Maybe... if it had been a foot or so taller. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Yeah, I only discovered it after buying my new suspension off a guy that used to compete in it. Since Thruxton is only 45mins up the road thought it'd be worth a look. Heading up there in a mo with a mate and our other halves (hence the reason I haven't left yet so will miss the qualifying).

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Looks brilliant... and yet more footage that makes me want to do a trackday at Brands at some stage soon. :-D

Reply to
JackH