OT: Message from Dan

That is wrong in so many ways.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

BTCC works for me

1 Brands Hatch 05/Apr/2009 2 Thruxton 26/Apr/2009 3 Donington Park 17/May/2009 4 Oulton Park 31/May/2009 5 Croft 14/Jun/2009 6 Snetterton 02/Aug/2009 7 Knockhill 16/Aug/2009 8 Silverstone 30/Aug/2009 9 Rockingham 20/Sep/2009 10 Brands Hatch GP 04/Oct/2009

Donington, Croft and Oulton are all in easy reach for me, Croft is smack in middle of "summer" too and is normally blessed with good weather. Silverstone is rubbish (spectatorily speaking), Knockhill is boring.

Would do rockingham as well.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Cossie-finned mural disaster regularly turns up on ebay...

Reply to
Pete M

Hold on - how many Crapis has Conor had in the last 12 months?

He had one that was 'too good', then he had the one with mural - does he have a different shed now?

I'm sure you can get medical help for that.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm planning on doing a trackday with a mate in his 205 GTi sometime soon. That could be an excuse, but I'm not arranging it.

Reply to
Pete M

I bought that V12 XJ-S near Colchester, so you might be on to something..

Reply to
Pete M

I don't know what you're trying to say. Knockhill's just closer to Leeds than I remember.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

lol - so true

Kendal... Hardknott?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ah see, keep up at the back. I'm not sure myself, but I know it is more than you think it is.

Reply to
Elder

I think the purpose of said trip and chip eating is to chat shit in memory of Dan, and hopefully say something suitably offensive about him to commemorate his life, even if he isn't gone yet.

Reply to
Elder

Pervy connotations aside, one of those will make a lot more sense for me for the foreseeable than a big saloon.

I don't fancy a Doblo given how lacklustre Paters is... any other suggestions?

I specifically want something with a high roof for ease of loading etc.

Reply to
JackH

Golf+

You'd be the only person in the UK who could actually find one any more useful than a standard Golf ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Not big enough... aside from that, probably not a bad choice price wise given they're not that sought after.

Another part of me is thinking maybe just get something like a Vito van and then getting something with at least four seats for a 'track toy' I just happen to use for family orientated duties.

Reply to
JackH

We can do that anywhere though, really.

BTCC has the Clio Cup as one of its support acts, too.

He'd enjoy watching those... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

I never even knew that series existed!

Looks pretty good.

Reply to
JackH

Ok.

Let the squabbling over venue begin. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I can do July?

Reply to
Adrian

Once I've had a reshuffle of the current fleet so that it reflects a van or estate, I'm going to be looking for something to do trackdays with... and at the mo, it's still looking likely to be a JDM BB4 Prelude H22a

Having said that, another breathed on 16v 106 Rallye / GTi also appeals.

So yes, would definitely be up for something like that once I've got something along those lines.

Reply to
JackH

And you base this revealing insight upon what evidence, exactly?

Anyway, I've sussed why some of the northern contingents aren't keen to travel far; t'whippets need walking, and t'wife gets a bit mardy if she's left chained t'kitchen sink t'long and ends up pissing t'self.

Reply to
JackH

Damn, until then, in the spirit of URCM, I was going to suggest a T5 Estate. I'm enjoying this one, enjoying it so much I think the Rangie is going to finally be sold shortly. I'll be down to one car, ffs.

Reply to
Pete M